Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
to me it seems you can hire a fridge at al Hotel receptions. There may be a charge....
I was there in May
Pretty sure you can hire a fridge at reception don't know cost tho sorry.
Food is excellent there spoilt for choice.You do have to pay for the pads and towels for the sunbeds if you want them but it's only 1.2 euro.You'll probably be in the family section which juts out at the side of the hotel and faces the pool.
Never stayed for the entertainment but the animation team are fab,the boys are round the pool all day offering,pool,water polo ,darts,archery,T.tennis,volleyball.....alll sorts.
There is a themed night every night in the resteraunt and I could see a mini disco going on some nights.
You are only a stones throw away from the patch and veronicas anyway.
Have a lovely time.If u want to ask me anything e-mail away
thanks for replies much appreciated, only couple weeks to go will prob be very hot at that time anyone else going on 19th july?
We used to stay at the Las Palmeras 3- 4 times a year until we bought an appartment. It is old but very nice, extremely friendly best we have found on the island yet... stayed at the Med Palace 5* in March. Nice but does not have a patch on Las Palmeras.

The grounds are very nice, food is always very nice ( buffet style of course ) not sure if that good for kids.

Entertainment very good always plenty going on... One word of warning this is a very french/ German hotel. ( arent they all but this one more than others )

But otherwise fantastic hotel you will not be dissapointed.
Not many french there when we stayed.Mostly German,Belgian and Spanish....only about 20% Brits if that.
Didn't bother us at all infact everyone was very polite and friendly but then I'd say majority of guests were 50 and over.
Can anyone tell me how to get the email address for this hotel, perhaps I could email in advance about fridges. Also does anyone know if it is poss to upgrade to all inclusuve here.
Email addy is
h10.las.palmeras@h10.es
Don't think they do AI but they do have a full board option
Thanks for email, you were right only full board and as for the fridges if you buy 6 drinks for the room they will put mini bar in room and the cost is that for the 6 drinks. Can anyone tell me if they have hairdryers in the room?
I've seen an apartment available to rent in the Las Palmeras. If staying in a private apartment would it be possible to use the hotel restaurant and if so what are the prices like ?

Thanks
firstly the las palmeras is a hotel but there are a few apartments on the ground floor to the left of the unit near the swimming pool.

there is a full board restaruant and to use you have to purchase tickets from the reception.

i would imagine it would cost around 15 euros for evening meal.
Thanks for that info scotlad, though the apartment appears to be on an upper floor http://www.holiday-rentals.co.uk/index.cfm/property/52500
I'm pretty sure the view shown in the link is not taken from the appartments but from the hotel and I'm fairly sure the cream coloured roofs you can see to the right of the pic are the appartments
I'm not sure how many of you are going and when Handyandy,but I'd check out the half board options first,by the time you add on flights,transport and food I doubt you could do it cheaper .
We got half board at this hotel at the end of May this year for less than £700 for 2.
This is a realy nice hotel and we shall be returning next year.
Thanks for the input Tangobunny, There's myself, son and daughter (both adults) travelling mid feb and we already have flights booked.
We were originally looking at Parque Santiago 2 but this ad for the Las Palmeras caught my eye, I've looked at prices for this hotel and wintersunshineholidays are quoting £807 half board, an Airtours package is over £1500 for seven nights hb from Stanstead on the 17th.
Do u have a Travel House near you?
That's where we got our deal and we flew with my travel so it would be out of one of their brochures.It wasn't a last minute deal or anything we booked in the Jan to go in May.
Any way if you've already booked your flights it will be no good for you.Have u tried diy and contacted the hotel direct.
tel:- (34)922790991
e-mail:- h10.las.palmeras@h10.es
Hi

Please don't post text style (u for you) on the forum.

Many thanks.

Pippy :D
Thanks for the contact info, I've already looked at the H10 website just to compare prices and they were in line with everywhere else. Higher prices are one of the joys of booking hols around school holiday time and as I'm wanting self catering I'll probably book Parque Santiago 2 which looks good.
Hi
We read all the reviews before choosing this hotel :0)
Normally we stay at the Bitacora and which in a quiet area i just wondered if with the Las Palmeras being very near the centre to Playa de las americas does it suffer from the same Noise probs from the Veronica's at all has anyone noticed when staying there?
hi, stayed there last year, nice hotel but beside a lot of bars and resturants,
can be a lot of noise, even at night, depends what time you like to sleep!!!!
:wink:
I don't think that you will get any noise from veronicas as your to far away. But i would imagine that you could get a bit of noise from the patch. As one side of the hotel is on the side st where the full monty starts and runs down to the beach.

Never stayed there but that's just my opinion.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.