General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
They have just had them in a variety of colours for £1.99 in our local Lidls. Tonyt
I took my niece away last year and shes only 2, she refused to wear a hat or cap of any type - I tried about 4 or 5 different ones - then I bought her one of those bandanas and she didnt take it off, it stayed on in the pool too.
Hi Jackie - thanks, I will be having dark red lowlights and then some blond highlights at the front - I think I will try to get some good conditiner to slap on through the day and leave in, and I will wear a hat. Mushroom look is familiar to me also (!) but this time it's just me and a friend in a villa so my kids won't have to suffer the embarrassment of mum in a hat!

I may even try a cap in the pool...I am spending a lot of money on this hairdo so desperate not to ruin it virtually as soon as it's done! Don't know what I will look like in a swim cap though!!!
I never wear a hat on holiday. I don't suit hats. But when I sunbathe I wear a white or pink towelling turban. It keeps the hair protected and off my face so I don't miss an inch of sun :lol:
:D :D Wow, this topic brought LOADS of replies and information!

Many thanks everyone, like hbrac I bought two produces on BOGOF and paid with Boots points!

Brilliant :D
Yes thanks for posting the question in the first place. Lots of good info and fun too. Hopefully everyone will now have great looking hair this summer. :D :D :D :D It would be good if people keep posting info on BOGOFS and offers and good or new products as its not always easy to spot them yourself.
This has been a really useful thread :D

I went into Boots on Saturday and got some No7 Glossy Locks Hair Spritz it's still on BOGOF offer. It took me a while to find it, it's with the suncare range but it's boxed just in case anyone else has trouble finding it :D

Shell :D
Oooh... talking of No7 Glossy Locks Hair Spritz - I forgot to write my report on it from our week in Gran Canaria!
Well, myself and daughter (both with new highlights) used this product every morning, combing it through the hair, and applying again (when we remembered) during the day. Our hair seemed to be easier to comb after a day in the sun and in the pool, and I even got my son using it - he had new highlights too, and complained after about 4-5 days his hair was starting to feel a bit 'crispy', so he sprayed the spritz in for the final few days of the holiday and his hair was much better :)
The final verdict came the first time we washed our hair back at home in 'normal' water - lovely soft shiny hair, easy to comb and still retaining the colour :D
Excellent product - highly recommended :wink:
Thanks for that, just found this thread.
It's on my list. Any clues as too how much it costs please.
Cazz
No7 Glossy Locks Hair Spritz is £5.50, but as it's on BOGOF you can get two bottles and it works out £2.75 each :wink: It's in the Boots No7 suncare section of the store, it's in a yellow box, and you have to shake the bottle before you spray it to 'mix' the solutions :wink:
Click HERE for product details
Thankyou,
Gonna pick Tom up from school and go straight to Boots. :wave

Cazz
hi all

for the last two years i have used loreal elvive solar spray for hair exposed to chlorine, sun and sea and it is brilliant. as soon as i get out of the sea or pool i spray this on my hair which is quite long and highlighted and i can run my fingers through it no problems and it smells gorgeous. i have been hunting high and low for somewhere that sells it as i only had a little bit left and today i found it in bodycare so i bought two bottles and they should keep me going for a good few years worth of holidays. it was £3.79 per 150ml bottle.

lindsay.
Does the Soltan SPF25 hair & scalp protector make your hair look wet or greasy or does it just soak into the hair?

The reason I ask is because I have long fine hair which is also on the thin side and I don't want to look like I have just dipped it in the chip pan.
Hi, use this all the time on Katie (9) she usually has her hair in a pony tail for swimming and have not noticed that it looks any different, does not seem to make it greasy (she also has fine hair, but I have not used it when her hair is `down`sorry so can`t help there) It is good stuff though, hubby doesn`t have much hair and what he has is very short and he uses it every holiday.
I've always found it better to go top end with sun protection, shampoos, conditioners etc. specifically made for the summer.

My top favourites are the Kerastase range - pricey but worth every penny especially if you have red or blonde hair.

Loreal Professional - again pricey but fantastic products especially if your colour isn't natural :wink:

Although neither can be bought in the shops as they're professional ranges you can buy them in hairdressers or even cheaper on the internet.
No7 Glossy locks hair spritz, should be re-named to fly attractor. I had to stop wearing it, got sick of all the flies bzzing round my head as it only everhappened when I applied it :twisted:
:rofl
Sorry Cazz, but that did make me laugh.

Regards Jackie
Hi Jackie ! If you thought that was funny. When we were in Kos I sprayed my hair with a sun & swim leave in conditioner and set off on a bike ride. After about 10 minutes I was attacked by a swarm of what looked like huge hornets, but they only went for my head. I was flapping my arms to try and get rid of them and they kept stinging my hands. They left the stings behind - really long ones but they didn't hurt. Anyway to cut a long story short I dropped my bike in the middle of the road, and tipped my water bottle all over my head. My friend could do nothing to help cos she was laughing so much. Loads of cars were passing - they must have thought I was a mad woman. It was frightening at the time but we've laughed a lot about it since.
Helen

I think most foreigners think that the British are mad anyway - you probably just confirmed it for them :D

Regards Jackie
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.