Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
re: Perms!
90 Posts
i've heard you can, but you need to be really, really careful - there's the fashion police to contend with and they're notorious !! :)
sorry, couldn't resist - thanks to everyone to responding on the original note, can't believe the amount of interest generated on this topic, and so to continue, my girlfiend is asking if anyone out there knows how much a woman's haircut is ?

misterc
misterc
I like to support the local shops and businesses so I go to Sessels in Arpora, for a haircut I pay Rs70, eyebrow threading Rs30 half leg wax Rs150 and underarm Rs50 she has a price list up and there are always locals in and they pay the same price. The mens barbers across the road tried to charge our neighbour Rs70 for a haircut until he told him he lived here and not to take the Mick, since then he gets charged the same as the locals Rs30.
Julie
thanks arpora julie - that's brilliant :)
misterc.
I know there's hundreds of barbers shops in and around Calangute but I'm wondering if any of you regular chicks have visited one of the ladies' hair salons.

My long hair is in desparate need of a trim but I'm reluctant to pay £35 at my local hairdressers before I go 'cos the cash'll go so much further in Goa.

The only salon that I can recall is the one near the cashpoint machine just between the Nizmar and the Lacoste shop. Any advice, anyone? :thanks
Hi Goanmad,

If you use the search facility you'll find quite a long thread on hairdressers in goa.

GFF xx
brought back for goanmad
I have used Annie for the last 6 years. She is an english girl and is excellent. She usually works from home, but heard she is opening a salon this year in Ashvem. Will look her up when i go in December. She is quite well known.
Annie has now opened in Aswem, fully kitted out A/C salon
GFF x
Thanks for that GFF. Will call her when i arrive. We take a trip to Ashvem a lot. We are in Goa for 9 weeks, which is why i need a hairdresser!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.