Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hi,we were all inclusive when we went to Cyprus this year,with 2 x18yr olds I would think you'd save a fortune,we found drinks were quite expensive everywhere but having paid up front the prices at the hotel didn't bother us,just 2 cans of coke,a carton pf apple juice and a small bar of chocolate was 5e at a little cafe.nearly a fiver.We went out a couple of days and the hotel provided us with packed lunches,we ate the cake,fruit and juice , the sandwiches were not that good so we left them.We've booked to go to Turkey next month and will be all inclusive again.Hope this helps you decide,T.
Each to their own to be honest...

We personally would only go AI or Halfboard if money was really tight and it was do that or don't go at all ! - The reason being we like to explore, go and find new bars, little cafés, nice restaurants and pick and choose when and where we eat ! That said we did go AI in 2008 because everyone was saying the prices for eating and drinking had gone through the roof (which turned out to be a little over the top!)...

If you like to spend a lot of time in the Hotel around the pool, getting drinks (soft or alcoholic), like eating where you are and maybe only going out to explore the area a few times during the holiday then AI is fantastic... If you want to say venture out during the day and eat elsewhere and you don't do a lot of drinking then halfboard can work well...

again it all depends on personal choice and circumstances... if you are on a tight budget (and lets face it, most of us are !) then going AI might be a safety net so you can always eat and drink should the money run out (which is how we ended up treating it)...

Steve
Thanks to you both for your helpful opinions
This year we went all inclusive,which was great as my wife was pregnant and we didnt want too venture too far,but if you do go self catering,when you way up the difference in cost,we could have had £100 to spend a day for a family of three.
In saying that the amount of drinks drunk on all inclusive ,would have cost us a small fortune if we were self catering.
But when you go allinclusive i find you tend to over do it on the drinks.

Cyprus can be expensive,but so can Britain.

Shop around!! :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.