Far East

Discussions regarding holidays in the Far East.
Hanoi
3 Posts
:D

Sorry I don't mean to laugh Fiona but you are obviously looking at far more upscale hotels than the ones we stayed in during our time in Vietnam which was part of our RTW trip in 2006.

Some hotels were booked for us as part of our overland tour with Intrepid but in Hanoi we stayed at one of the Camellia chain of hotels (google them, awful website but friendly on email) and it was classed as a Vietnamease 3*. We paid $12 a night which included breakfast and air conditioning.

It was actually pretty nice, but we had got used to SE Asia 2* hotels on our travels through Cambodia and the rest of Vietnam. I am guessing you are looking for something a bit more special??? :rofl

Hanoi is a complete contrast to Saigon and more of what I expected Vietnam to be like, although I still loved Saigon. Of course in Hanoi you also have the benefit of being so close to Halong Bay which is worth going to Vietnam for alone (although it is obviously very touristy and who can blame them?).

I found the locals far more friendly in Southern Vietnam btw, something our tour leader mentioned would be the case at our welcome meeting in Saigon.

Best of luck with the hotel.

J
I have done not so upmarket hotels but we spent just under £70 two years ago for a 5 star, club room with breakfast, 2hours of cocktails and snacks that could amount to a 3 course meal :) I have found a good price for the Melia but am veering away from Vietnam now as I'm going to have a lot of flights in a short time and I think we will leave it for another time. Will look at that hotel chain though :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.