Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Digital cameras are available from shops in Candolim,but I never saw anything that was cheaper than in UK,not a very wide choice as UK either.
Some very good deals on at the moment in UK and you also have the safety of returning it if problems occur.
You can get back up memory cards if you happen to lose one in Goa,and you can also get digi prints as well.
Great, thanks Spike
Probably the best place to get a GOOOD camera from is from a UK website... http://www.pixmania.co.uk is where I got my last two from... Stunning value! I woouldn't buy anything like that in Goa.[/url]
That's is a very good site Rob, I didn't realise how much prices had dropped since since I bought my cyber shot 3 years ago.

Alan
Hi
just one point on buying cameras from the Internet:

I did loads of research before buying my digital camera 9 months ago (eventually Nikon Coolpix 7900 - it's super).

Some of the websites offer 'grey imports' which are not UK spec and don't come with an English user guide, although one site said 'you can print one from our website'.

I decided I didn't really want a tiny camera and loads of pages of A4 sheets to tell me how to use it, so I bought from this site:
http://www.ukdigital.co.uk/

They are UK spec and mine also came with a 2 year warranty, rather than 1 year.

The price wasn't much more (only a few pounds) than Pixmania.

Fiona - sorry if this is :offtop

Polly
I was going to direct everyone to the GHE forum but I see we have no thread on digital cameras( apart from storage). Perhaps someone here could start one up there? I think it would be a worthwhile topic. If you do start a thread if you pm me I will give the link here.
In the meantime I will lock this topic as it seems the answer has been given to the origianal post.
GHE forum
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.