Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I've added this hotel to our review site. If anyone has stayed here please be the first to leave a review by Clicking Here

Karen if you haven't yet viewed it the hotel's website is http://www.royalmarishotel.com/
hi glynis

yes i saw that and it looked nice, but always nice to get word of mouth the other 2 options i have are grand azur and pineta deluxe due to it being march not a lot of choice is available, this was middle price so thats why im keen to get some information on the location
hi not stayed at royal maris but went in to look around last year hoping to stay there this year with thomas cook but no longer on there site.it is a very nice hotel very smart with roof top pool and great views,the rooms were well decorated maybe a little small but overall it seemed a very nice place for a holiday.the location is about 300 metres from the statue heading towards long beach,we asked the price but cant remember but was quite expensive compared to thomas cook was also told it is cheaper to book in advance than just turning up and asking for a room....cheers
hi

thanks for that info nubber, the price we have for the week is fairly reasonable but its out of season and i can use some of my airmiles and they will book it via somewhere2stay.com, now the decision is do i go for bb or hb lol
I stayed here 2 years ago, its an excellent hotel, its situated just before the road that runs along the beach goes behind (if you know what i mean), sort of in the middle of resort,
I wouldnt go hb again as being a small hotel there is not a huge range of food available but bb would be fine,

There is also and indoor pool and sauna and turkish bath onsite,

Make sure you ask for a front facing room though!
thanks for that, ive emailled them direct and asked for a price, they have just replied and i dont know if its per night or week lol, seems cheap for a week but dear for a night ? so had to email them back again, any reason why its best to have a front facing room, or are back ones noisey and dont like noisey lol. i can get this fairly cheap using some airmiles so ill see what they come back with before booking
The front facing rooms have a great view, bur from the other rooms i saw the ones not on the front had brick walls in front and back alleys etc.

I will post some pictures later when i get home from work, i was there in may 2006.
hi

that would be great thanks , also could you find time to do a review as this hotel has been added to HT , that would help thanks

karen
just had another email back from the royal maris and the price they quoted me is a total rip off for out of season prices with even the indoor pool closed they want 840 lira which is around £350 for bb when somewhere2stay offered me for this hotel £126 bb and hb £210, thats nearly 3 times more !! ive been offered the grand azur 5 * hb board for less lol, gosh where did they get this price from, wonder how much a turk would pay for this, this is really naughty
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.