Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Has anyone ..
4 Posts
hi we returned from marmaris on tuesday morning, i still think turkey is excelent value. boat trip £10 all inc, bbq £10, beer around 4 lira but lots of bars doing bobof on all drinks. meals 4 courses from 14 to 19 lira, kids eat free in a few places. breakfast everywere 5 lira.soft drinks 3 lira. hope this helps just to give you an idea there was 3 of us we ate out every evening had breakfast every morning and rolls crisps etc in our room for lunch. we bought a pair of trainers £10 a pair of sandals £5 3 pairs of shoes £10 and 7 t shirts £10 and still came home with change from £400.
Hi, I am here at the moment - in Datca about 80 km's past Marmaris. Flight out to Dalaman was full and another flight booked for end of August is also full. Exchange rate yesterday was 2.4 in mini market and 2.5 in bank. Resort is busier thasn I have seen it for years mostly Turkish families. Petrol is just over 3 lira a litre. Car hire here 65 lira a day less in Dalaman as there is more competition there, Food prices are up on last year even for fresh fruit and veg. Beer about the same between 3.5 and 5 lira depending how posh the bar is! soft drinks about 3 lira. Magnum ice cream 5 lira but cheaper brands available. Meal out last night - 2 courses and a drink 38 lira for 2 of us in a water side restaurant. pide in our local pide house 4 lira, son and mates paid 7 lira at 3 am this morning for a kebeb and salad. Boat trip next week on a private gulet with lunch, comfy cushions and the boat to ourselves 450 lira for 10 people.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.