Camping and Caravanning UK and Europe

Discussions regarding camping and caravanning in the UK and the rest of Europe.
Sorry not been to either

BUT if they are in the Haven brochure they are usually good sites

Though sometimes the sites get spoilt by the Big companies

check out the site itself first by doing a Google search

Regards
From
Gray
Been to the carabassa. Loads to do for 4 year old. Sites not on the beach though only 5 min walk away. Does get busy in summer holidays. But by your cavavan or on the beach you don't really notice. Plenty of walks. Nearby village with french market on sunday mornings.
If your going when the tour de france is on.keep and eye on its route. We had a lovely morning balloons rattles and lots of bikes.Great photos Sit on the grass verge. (they close the roads of) and take a picnic.
When are you thinking of going?
We are thinking of possibly going the last week of August with our 5 year old and one year old.

Nicky
Hi there we took our 4 year old boy to la carabasse last year and he loved it so much that we are going back the last week of july and first week of august.
Went to La Carabasse last year (June). first things first, if your driving make sure you go over the new viaduct at Millau (south of Clermont) - you ain't seen nothing like it -ab fab.

Vias and the surronding area is quite bland, but move out by 20 or so miles and the countryside is great, especially North. Beziers dissapointing and Montpellier too, they don't compare to Nantes and Bordeaux in the West.

Having said that had a nice two weeks on the site. The entertainment was well organised (even during the rain) and all the reps friendly and helpful (especially to the kids). La Carabasses' pool is large and not crowded allthough slightly cold. Would return here but only so I could drive down through the Massif Central again.

We were thinkng of going to Lac De Reves this year but according to the Haven reps its not a patch on this, Havens 'flagship'?!?

Jolie Vaccances.

ps - A WORD FOR THE WARY - There is an incredible amount of pollen on this site during May/June - We are talking major snow storms of it. Sinus sufferers, you have been warned!!!!
We visited La Carrabasse a couple of years ago and also found it a good site with plenty to do and close to the beach. We were also undecided about which site we should choose but we were glad we decided on Carrabasse. We had a run out one day to Lac de Reeves and found that site to be more "residential" looking and appeared to us to have a less than welcoming feel to it.
Hello I have visted both of these sites while living in France and would recomend them both one is near montpellier and the other a short drive from Carcassone both very lovley cities also there is the added interest of the canal du midi close by. if anyone has any specific questions about the sites or local area please contact me directly
I have camped in the Cote D'azur in 2003 and 2004 and there is a great camping site in Ramatuelle (very near of St Tropez) called Les Tournels. They have a site: http://www.tournels.com/ukdefault.htm

on this site you can see what kind of mobilhomes they have to rent, the price and availability.
This is a 4* camping site and 2 kms from the best St Tropez beaches of Pampelonne.
We have been going each year since 2000. Great site.... best in France.
Kids love it cause they get their freedom (unlike in the UK) and they love the entertainment and meeting new friends.
Beach is a short walk away. But rent a bike if you just want to get away along the canal du midi.

If you need to know the places to go around Vias then we could probably help or even put you in touch with the right people.

David
was in lac de reeves a few years ago. not a good site. much better in les chemettes which is probably one of best in europe.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.