Camping and Caravanning UK and Europe

Discussions regarding camping and caravanning in the UK and the rest of Europe.
Ah this is Haven -- superior to what ????

it will depend on the age of the static as to what it's facilities are but blown air heating in statics is still only on the really big ones :(
You will find the gas fire will only warm the lounge area BUT will you really need it in July ???? we tend to not use our tourers heating after April and don't start using it until late September
Hi
The grading of vans should be listed on the site website & main brochure when booking.
Hopefully you will get a private owners van that they've let Haven use as it will be better equiped.
Might be worth in future looking at privately hiring a van on the site you require as is often much better equiped & cheaper.
thanks for your answers , hopefully it wont be cold at night in july, mind you judging by the weather recently its hard to tell !!!!!!! I will just have to look on the positive side at least i only paid half price LOL :lol:
Half price compared to what though, hope everything turns out for you :sun2
Just a thought as long as your microwave isn't a HUGE one then you could take one with you

just remember though that the MAXIMUM current you are liable to get is 16 amp so the paperwork should tell you what it pulls on START -UP which is the highest current drain of a microwave and a very good reason we don't have one in the Tourer where we can be getting as little as 6 amps in France
hiya, been to greenacres and hafan y mor haven sites through the sun deals £9.50, and you only get a standard caravan there, even though it says no microwave weve always had one in the caravan but we do take one of our own just in case. we also take a little heater to put in hte hall way, but when we go its colder as its either april or october half term, dont know how much you have paid, but if you phone just before you go you might be able to upgrade quiet cheaply, thats what we did in april, paid £38 for 4, then had to add on passes, so all in about £80 for 4 nights, but you could upgrade from £20, it was only about £80-£90 to upgrade to a platinum, luxury!!!
Hi thanks for your answers, we are back now, oh dear !!!!!!!!! i have been to haven a few times in the past, usually through the sun £9.50 hols and not really had any problems. We were given an owner caravan it was filthy, the kettle had a big hole in it and the fridge didnt work properly ( it wasnt cold enough and the ice box wouldnt freeze !!) the kitchen blind was broken and the shower was mouldy round the door. this was the second caravan the first one we were given had big holes punched in the bedroom walls. went to complain about the fridge they said it was fine without even looking at it and when my husband got angry and asked to speak to a manager, which they refused to do, they threatened to get security to throw us out !!! we phoned security after reception had shut and they were very helpful they swapped our fridge over althought it wasnt much colder. when i went to reception to update our passes on the friday there was a long queue of people complaining, one lady had a fridge with no door and another had an oven with no door !!!!!! Why they are allocating caravans that are obviously not useable is a mystery and their customer service definitely needs improving , it seems that they have gone down the route of many smaller caravan parks by making the owners more important than the customers, i definitely wont be using them again.
Hi
Sorry to hear you had a rough time.
How did you know it was an owner caravan? Haven are very strict on checking any owner van on sublet to them that it meets their standards/requirements (they do on our site).

I personally don't let Haven have our van for subletting as it doesn't get that well looked after when guests think it is a fleet van.
We prefer to let directly & know who is using it.

I would write a letter of complaint to head office to air your views if not being sorted out onsite.

You have a right to speak to a manager & even speak to the site GM (you can do so even now).

I have noted from another forum that owners have not been too pleased with manageament onsite.
hi i assumed it was an owner caravan as there was a sign inside saying it was for sale and a mobile number to ring, i dont blame you for not letting haven let it if thats how they end up !!!!! i have written to head office today

katherine
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.