Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
It's not clear from your posting how you want to go about this booking.
Do you want an all-in package from an agent, or are you prepared to organise a roll-your-own, booking each element, flight, accommodation, transfers, separately ?
Since Flyglobespan went under you are restricted in your choice from Aberdeen. It's either Thomson group on a Tuesday or Thursday or Thomas Cook group on Saturday or Sunday. What problems are you having? Is it for 7 or 14 nights and what is the total budget?
Quick look on thomson website shows Playa Mar Aparthotel in Puerto Pollensa, (dep Tue 22th June)s/c £2,050 and Delfin Azul in Alcudia (been there, nice hotel) (dep Thur 17th June) h/b £2,154 for you party.
First Choice flying with Thomson have the Lagotel, Playa de muro (which gets good reviews in the review section) (Dep Tue 22nnd June) H/b £2,055 and S/C £1,635. All from Aberdeen and 14 nights

Thomson also use Inverness to Majorca in summer, is that too far away? I know it is about 100 miles from Aberdeen but it may be closer to where you live

Unfortunately many free child places have now gone, Skytours guaranteed free child places deal ran out on 12 April for example, although your twins should just cost £29 each to cover airport taxes, no charge for the holiday so you would just be paying for the 2 adults and the 8 year old

Hope you find a deal to suit you and have a nice holiday
jollypostie wrote:
Quick look on thomson website shows Playa Mar Aparthotel in Puerto Pollensa, (dep Tue 22th June)s/c £2,050 and Delfin Azul in Alcudia (been there, nice hotel) (dep Thur 17th June) h/b £2,154 for you party.
First Choice flying with Thomson have the Lagotel, Playa de muro (which gets good reviews in the review section) (Dep Tue 22nnd June) H/b £2,055 and S/C £1,635. All from Aberdeen and 14 nights

Now, this is where im getting all muddled... ive looked on thomsons and the playa mar is coming in at £3368...
the delfin azul is £3252...

your prices are what im looking for.

Would it be better if we booked the party seperately rather than room1 and room2.

My BIL would book 1 room and we would book 1 room too?

Also, the transfer times are different for webistes.... is it a long sit on the bus?? 2 hours to cala millor? alcudia?
Sorry, didn't factor in your brother in law, so prices are for one room.
Transfer to Alcudia is one to one and a half hours,depending what order they drop off at.
It might work out cheaper to count the 8 year old as an adult, book 2 rooms, one for BIL & 8 Yo and one for twins plus parents, you might avoid under occupency charges that way, thomson website for 3 adults 1 child 2 infants showing £2604 (dep 22/6) for 2 twin rooms, one with bunks but I am sure they would provide cots if asked, might be worth popping to local travel agent to discuss options with them to save getting muddled
thanks very much for taking the time to help me.

ill battle on looking!!
No prob, gives me something to do while I have a day off work!
WE are now looking at the cristina aparts in cala millor... but have under occupancy charges as each room sleeps 4 adults... its rubbish how we have to pay that even though in our room we need 2 cots. The lady in travel agent wasnt very good..... she tried her best but just confused us and herself!! Then when i went home to get the thomson online price it says it couldnt accomodate our party size... yet in the agents she said they could. :que I asked for a price breakdown but it wanst much of one i got..i know the price is around £2800 but no idea how much per person and if ive to pay for the kids. :whoops
Might be worth ringing Thomson, Contact us page of Thomson website they might be able to unconfuse you :que

We have been quoted £29 for our one year old (to cover airport tax etc), so should imagine your price includes the same cost for the twins
might not be everyones favourite, but we take our grandchildren to the bellevue in alcudia, yes I know its a bit "tired" looking but our three kids love it there. plenty to do, cheap bars to eat in, fabulous beach not far away, plenty to do on site.we go with thomson or comos
we have booked, mother and father in law now coming

5 adults, 2 infants and 1 child all going to cristina apartments in june!!! yee haa, finally. thanks for your replies.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.