America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Hawaii - Help!
4 Posts
I haven't seen many reports on Holiday Truths from people who have stayed in Maui, and none on the Royal Lahaina Resort, most posts are from people who have visited Oahu, you may find more info from looking on Trip Advisor which has very busy forums on Maui and all the other Hawaiian Islands.
I visited Oahu a few years ago and found prices considerably higher than what I would pay in Europe. but I can't say how much prices vary on different Islands and as the pound is losing it's value against the dollar I would imagine prices will appear quite high at the moment.
Hi Jen

I went to Maui in January 2007. There is a trip report on here for Las Vegas, San Francisco and Maui if you want to hunt it down.

Afraid I dont know the hotel you want to stay at as I booked a condo overlooking the beach. We didnt eat out every night as we had our own kitchen and preferred to cook some meals so we could eat on the balcony and watch the whales! I did find food more expensive in Maui than mainland US, both in restaurants and in supermarkets. However, mostly still cheaper than UK.

We visited the many beaches, Lahaina (so quaint), snorkelling trip, whale watching, took the road to Hana, drove to the top of Mount Haleakeala (sp?) and went zip lining. There are loads of things to see and do there. I have also been to Oahu but preferred Maui.

See if you can find trip report. Please feel free to ask me any questions.

Tina
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.