Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
We stayed in these apartments, admittedly some years back. I hope they have improved, because we found them to be full of mostly teenagers partying till the small hours. (Which is fine but we had two kids with us at the time!)

The apartments facing onto the sea have good views, but the one we were in faced onto a dusty road and was above where the rubbish bins were kept. The bin lorries woke us up at 6.30am in the morning, which wasnt great as we'd only got to sleep at about 3.00 due to incoming partygoers. We couldnt sit out on the balcony as it was so dusty from below. (we were on the first floor)

Rubbish, ciggerette butts and general litter lay on the stairwells for days, it was horrible going up and down to the pool. The beds were so squeaky that you couldnt turn over without waking everyone up.

The one thing that saved our holiday was that there was a great entertainments team on at the time and the children got to do different activities every day (as did the grown ups too!)

I personally couldnt recommend them to anyone after our experience, but as I say perhaps Im being unfair, it was some years ago and they could have changed completely since then, but Id rather say this if it saves someone having a bad holiday.

Please let me know if they have changed.........I really hope so!
Thanks for the reply Tootsie, havent actually booked yet so will most likely look elsewhere now. The TRH Torrenova apts look nice and are supposedly suited to families and couples so hoping to get some feedback on them if anyone can help
Thanks Helen
Reviews can be found on the following link

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/

HTH
Biff
Well, have decided against TRH Torrenova because apparently since they took over from Barcelo the standard of the place has started to decline(according to travel agent I spoke to) so its back to the drawing board! Considering the Lunamar now but they only have studios so they might be a bit small.
Hope you get something suitable Helen. :D
Iam thinking of booking these apartments for next summer holidays. I have read the reviews and think these are ideal for what we are looking for. Is the hill as bad as people are making out? I am going to book a sea view apartments. I am likely to have a problems with trees blocking view and will I need to stipulate higher floor or are those rooms with view blocked at the hotel side?

I would welcome any info about these apartments and the location.

Thanks in advance.
I have booked these apartments for June 2008 and also would like to hear anything anyone know's about them.
havent been there myself but we were at the marina torrenova a few years ago which is close to it.so i can tell you the hill is not too bad.my son and his girlfriend stayed at these apts last year and he thought they were great.he booked them independently and arrived in the middle of the night.his room wasnt ready so they put him in the hotel part of it for a night.when they went to get keys for apt next day they gave him full board for a week as compensation.not bad considering he was self catering...charlie
We stayed in these apartments and I have to say that we would never stay there again.

I thought the apartments themselves were very basic if not shabby, and the view we had was of the rubbish bins..........we were woken up every morning by them being emptied at about 5am.

We were offered a change of room but when we looked at it, it was below ground level and was actually dank damp and smelly. We stayed in July and found the whole area very noisy into the early hours of the morning with clubbers/parties - in fact someone chucked their patio furniture from their balcony into the pool - narrowly missing someone having a drink!!!

Im so sorry to be soooooo negative about them, and we really arent overly fussy people - but we wouldnt stay here again if we were given them free.
HiTootsie

Did you actually book a sea view apartment? As long as the apartments are clean and I get a sea view, I will be happy.

If you would not stay at these apartments again, could you recommend any other reasonable priced apartments for a family of 4 to stay?
Hi ladyl, whilst you are waiting for a reply, why not check out the rest of our reviews for accommodation in Majorca HERE

Kath HT Admin
Hi Ladyl!

Im afraid we only stayed there once, the resort was fine, but we didnt "investigate" any other complexes - I hope other members read this and recommend some to you.

I think what actually happened was that we checked in very early hours of the morning and were in a long queue behind a group of about 12 young lads (age about 19 or so)............it got very fraught checking in as the lads were very drunk and I think the guy on the check in desk actually gave us the wrong apartment - possibly one meant for them - the reason I say this is when we went in there wasnt enough linens for the fold down beds etc.

Yes we did ask for a sea view but were told it wasnt "guaranteed"

When we complained about looking out at the bins we were offered another apartment at the other side of the complex - but when we looked at it - it was sort of "underground" (at a lower level) and was very damp and smelly.

The entertainment on in the complex was quite good - and the childrens club well run - however due to the noise factor and what I described before - we would not stay again.

I really HATE having to put posts like this on as it sounds sooooooo negative - but this site is called "holidaytruths" for a reason - and I cannot say its lovely when we didnt think it was!

I do know though, that others liked the complex - maybe we were unlucky in the apartments we were given.

I hope you have a lovely holiday, whether you stay in these apartments or elswhere! :kiss
Hi Tootsie

Thanks for your reply.

Whilst I appreciate your comments regarding the apartments, would you consider the location and resort/complex to be acceptable?

Thanks

Ladyl
Yes the location of the comple was fine in relation to the resort - not far to walk - the hill isnt bad at all.

The resort itself was fine - busy at that time of the year - but do be aware that the complex is set among other complexes mainly for young people - which inevitably means that they will be partying till the early hours of the morning (good on em too!!) but if you have a young family it can be quite noisy.
i am going on a hen weekend to the above hotel, can anyone tell me what it is like, do you pay for the aircon, is there a safe in every room, any information would be grateful
Hi
Does anybody have an e-mail address for the Hawaii Torrenova apts in Palma Nova?
Thanks
Can't see anything Chivas but if you go to their website there's a form you can fill in:-

http://www.intertur.co.uk
Thinking of booking Torrevona apartments through Easyjet holidays for last week in October. Are these appartments linked to the Hawaii Torrevona Hotel?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.