Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Hellenic Voyages
74 Posts
Hi there

If you give them a call, you can also request/obtain a copy of their brochure, which is quite informative.

Regards
Sheila
When we discovered them last year I emailed them at 12.01am on Sunday morning. At 10.00am I had an email with the relevant page from the brochure. Earlier this year we called in and got a pile of brochures from him for friends. Some of whom have booked with them. We are off to Cuprus agin with them in October.

fwh
ok then thanks for the info
booked and went cyprus with hellenic, top company no problems to report, bargin prices aswell!
Hi there
We were supposed to be going to Astir Beach from Manchester on 30th Aug at 12.15pm but have today had a letter saying they are overbooked and we are now staying at Europa Beach.
Has anyone else had the same letter?
Has anyone stayed there?
Any comments?
Steph x
Hi Steph,
I also received a letter this morning saying that they have overbooked us and will be staying in the europa beach hotel instead so at least we're not alone!!!!
Rachel x
Hi Rachel
Oh thats good. So we werent the only ones!
Havent read any comments on this site about Europa Beach but it looks ok from the brochure and seems to be more expensive in price.
See you there then!
Steph xx
:lol:
hi we have also been changed from astir beach to uropa read a review from group of 9 who have just come back from astir beach they were not impressed so may be a blessing in disguise see ya there
I am also going to astir beach in gouves on 30th august from manchester. ive not had any letter to say theyve changed my hotel so am hoping that everythings ok and dont have hassle of it being changed when get there. Does anyone know which terminal at manchester the flight is from (Flight no is VIK7323A)? Also, I only got the flight coupons in post, nothing else, this sounds standard for hellenic so not too worried, but just wondering if i just have to hand these coupons in at check in or do i have to exchange them for "tickets" at airport or anything? not done package before so not sure exactly how works!
cheers
Its in terminal 2.....had to phone them up the other day as I only received the tickets too!!!!
See you there!
Rachel
Can anyone tell me the time we arrive in crete and also what time we arrive back home (I know they intiially told us on the confirmation sheet but I cant find it!) I have the departing times but not arriving!
Thanks
(Not long now......!!)
the flight time is aprox 4 hrs the time diffrence is +2 therfore if your floght for example is 1.00PM your arrival will be aprox 7pm local time
Hi Steph,

It says on my sheet that we arrive in Crete at 6:15pm and arrive back in manchester at 11am.

See you tomorrow!!
Rachel x
just about finished packing! Any ideas on the weight limit - is it 30KG?
Anyone been with Viking before? Just wondered what happens if you go over the limit?
the European health and safety rules are no one bag over kg as for your allowance it should be on your ticket
As far as I am aware from talking to them the allowance per person on all Hellenic holidays is 20kg

fwh
what if your case weights more? Can you pay for the extra?
Lots of information on the subject of Excess Baggage on the link below. Very simply there is a limit of 30kg per case. Above that they will not take it. Over your allowance of 15/20kg depending who you are booked with and the allowance they give you they will charge you. Reckon on around £5.00 per kg but it could be more. You really need to look at what you are taking. The charge will be made both ways, so if for example they charge you £50 from the Uk you will also be charged £50 coming back. Bit expensive. You really need to ask yourself do you need to take all that. Remember each person has an allowance. Read the topic for more info.

fwh

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=11512
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.