Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Elena Apartments
74 Posts
To be completely honest I would not have liked to stay there with small children because there's nowhere for them to run around and our apartment was on the 2nd floor which I would not recommend for kids. The balcony was quite small also and there wasn't a playground or anything - we also didn't find the pool at the neighbouring hotel because we preferred the beach. The apartment itself was basic and clean and just what we needed. Why don't you try one of the Hellenic All Inclusive holidays. We've booked for Gouves this year (Marina Beach Hotel) and saved £800 on the cost of the holiday (I priced it up with Libra - it was over £2K). It's costing £1196 for two of us for a fortnight over the Whit holidays which is an absolute bargain and we are overlooking the beach. Although we aren't taking children I think there's more for little ones on a holiday of this type. I definitely recommend Hellenic. Incidentally have booked another all inc in Cyprus for 11 nights at the end of August for two of us for £1140 - the same hotel with Thomson (Vrissiana beach hotel) half board is more than that for a week!!! We reckon we've got 2 holidays for the price of 1. If you want any more info please let me know. :lol:
We travelled to Cyprus with Hellenic last October - We are planning to go in October this year and we shall be booking with Hellenic. Found them first class. If you have a concern then ring Manos who owns the company. Tell him your concerns and I am sure he will try to help. He comes from Crete.
Price wise they take some beating.

fwh
Thanks for the advise guys, everywhere I look most people are singing the praises of Hellenic Voyages so I have no reservations about booking with them now. I think I might just have to tweak the kind of break we have and maybe stay in a hotel instead of apartments, it may be more child friendly that way. Thanks again you have been most helpful.
Hi
We are going to marina beach hotel in august with the son and the grandchildren, could you let us know what its like when you get back please.
We went to cyprus last august with hellenic voyages we had a wonderful time.
Hi My familiy and I travelled to crete last year with hellenic and all was perfect would recommend them to anyone regards value for money and we enjoyed our holiday and are thinking of booking again this year. :)
Happy to hear all the positive reports on Hellenic Voyages.I'm going to the Royal belvedere hotel in crete shortly with my wife and 3 children. Reports on this site so far this year are great.
My holiday price for 5 at this hotel beat thomson holiday price for 4 by over £1000, so I'm happy so far.
Will report back once the holiday is over.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
We have just come back from one of the best holidays we have had. We booked with Hellenic Voyages and have been really impressed, will definatly be using them again. We stayed at the Royal Belvedere, Hersinosis, Crete. The hill up to the hotel's a bit of a killer, but that was the only thing to complain about. Great room, great hotel, great staff and excellent company, what more can you ask from a holiday.
I have just booked a holiday with Hellenic Voyages, and will be travelling out on 30th August 2005 from Manchester to Crete, staying at the Astir Beach Hotel, in Gouves.

Has anyone stayed at this hotel, who can comment on this hotel?

Also, has anyone travelled with Viking Airways recently. This is who Manos has said we will be flying with. I have looked them up on the internet, and I know they are connected to Scandic Air (in some way), but would be interested to hear feedback from anyone who have flown with Viking specifically.

Many Thanks
Hi Sheila!
I have also just booked a holiday to Astir Beach for 30th August! The website is http://www.astirbeach.gr if you havent already got that. Have found only two reviews for the hotel so far, both say very nice hotel and that the food is basic. But what does basic mean! Let me know if you find anything out, and I'll no doubt see u at the hotel! What flights are you on?

Lea
Thanks for your reply, and the details you have sent through. The hotel looks really nice. However, since posting my message, I have also received a brochure from Hellenic Voyages, so did get to see what the hotel was going to be like.

Myself, My Husband and Son (aged 8) are travelling from Manchester with Viking Airways at 12.15 pm on 30th August.

Not sure what "basic" means either, but I suppose logically it means, there will not be anything too fancy on the menu, which suits us fine, but hey - who knows??

See you there!

Regards
Sheila
Post here regarding this company. The member has posted from Crete where he has been overbooked:-

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=44119
also booked to go to astir beach on 30th august from manchester read on one review site that hotel is used by a lot of italian and germans so glad to know there will be at least two more groups to chatter to over there . :D
Hi Guys
We too booked yesterday to go to Astir Beach in Crete on 30th August 2005.
First time we have been with Hellenic Voyages and at that price cant complain whatever the hotel is like.
Will be fighting with the Germans to get to sunbeds first!
See you all there.
Steph and Craig. xxx :roll: :D :) 8)
Booked with them for October. Cyprus 4? Star AI £1248 for the wife and I for 2 weeks. First Choice same holiday £2250 after discount. Had a great time lats year with them thats why we have gone back.

fwh
Hi Sheila and everyone else going to the astir beach hotel on 30th August!
Sheila, just read your post and my friend and I will also be on the 12:15 flight! We are a little bit nervous as it is the first time we'll be going on holiday without having someone telling us what to do and where to go! So, if you see 2 young girls in the airport looking lost and confused, that'll be us!!!

Rachel.
looks like there will be quite a few of us on that 1215 flight! quite an army of brits building up on here so we'll fight off the germans for the sunbeds no problem!

lea
hi rachel and friend were also on the 12.15 flight im sure i speak for us all when i say we will look after u both from chris
Thanks Chris! We're really excited, these next 3 weeks are going to drag!!! Glad there's a few brits going!!!!
hi hellenic voyages sound great just wondered do they have a website that i could take a look at .
thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.