Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi clare

I am sure you will have a lovely time, it is one of my favorite destinations. There is loads of information on here especially if you read the stickies and the last couple of pages for posts on the forum. You get a lot of holiday for your money in Egypt and some people end up becoming return visitors year after year.

Doe :sun2
I'm sure you'll have a ball...we really enjoyed our stay in Sept
Was it your 1st time Tangobunny? im really looking forward to it, still have eight months to wait though... time is going to drag!
Have just recently been reading up on shark attacks in Naama.. so i guess that rules out any boat trips where we can jump in the sae for a refreshing dip!
Why? the last shark attacks were years ago (3?, 4?). the sea is one of the main attractions in Sharm, it would be a shame to miss out
doonhamer32 wrote:
Why? the last shark attacks were years ago (3?, 4?). the sea is one of the main attractions in Sharm, it would be a shame to miss out

December 2010
Hmm ok, ive never been to Egypt... but after seeing the photos on google of the beaches with no swimmers in the sea and flags up warning of shark attacks led me to believe it was a constant risk.. i might paddle up to my ankles but doubt i will go in much further than that lol
Go inland to Luxor or Aswan, see some ancient sites, some real Egyptian history and swim in a pool instead. It's the safer option if that's what you're looking for....

The only sharks will be the shop sellers and the tour operator excursion prices. :D
When we went to sharm last year it was cornered off, you could only go out so far and not out of the guidelines as sharks do come in at the winter time (if they have the nose to suspect something) As many know we we there when the shark s did attack, but please do not let this spoil your holiday by not going in the sea. I go swimming but not too deep now, but the sea is the best part. Dn't feed the fish number one rule xx
Thankyou.. have recently been talking to some body who went to Egypt and she said she was in the sea with her grandchildren, am i right in assuming that their wont be the usual boat trips where we get the opportunity to jump off the boat for a swim? not that i would want to do it... but do like boat trips! :think
There will be organised boat trips to places to snorkel like Ras Mo and Tiran, they havent stoped them or anything.

People tend not to jsut jump off a boat to swim like they do on the Turkish Boat trips though they go in off the boats to snorkel.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.