Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hi Jayne,

I've stayed at both the Nestor and the Anesis in the last couple of years.

Location wise they're both really, really good, the Anesis is actually at the back of the Nestor so there's absolutely nothing in location wise. The Nestor is what I'd call a true hotel, the rooms are proper hotel rooms with carpets :think bathrooms are very small but the rooms are a good size and the balcony's are adequate. Huge pool, plenty of loungers and a large bar. But the food was truly awful and we were only on B&B, I did do a review and explained it could have been because the hotel was quiet? On our last night we ate in the hotel in the evening and it was truly awful I'm afraid. I would most definitly stay again but wouldn't think about HB or FB, apart from the fact there are too many great places to eat in Ayia Napa.

The Anesis are actually more like apartments, rooms are slightly smaller than the Nestor but bathrooms bigger. The pool areas nice but again smaller than the Nestor. Food wise we only did B&B and we were quite happy with that, it was better than the Nestor. We did eat lunch around the pool and this was fine for what we wanted. I didn't hear any complaints about the evening food whilst staying (twice 2006 & 2007) and we didn't sample the evening menu.

Personally I wouldn't ever advocate HB or FB in Napa as I said before the choice of fabulous eateries is too many to mention and I'd be gutted to think of what I was missing :cry

Hope that helps a little..........I'd happily stay in either on B&B. The location of them both couldn't be better.....well except for the Napa Plaza which is where we're staying this summer ;)
The Nestor is close to everything and is really nice, my friend stayed there and is going back in July.
I stayed in the Nestor last July and was happy with the hotel, we found the rooms were a bit small for two dults and two kids, but that was the only down side. The food was fine and the location was excellent, only 5 mins walk to the centre of town... but far enough away not to hear it.
hi, just read ur question today! i would just like to mention that i like the nestor, havent been to the anesis, but hav u chekd out the faros hotel...excellent location and best of all the pool is fab! hav a sneak at it while you there, we did, then bookd it for the next year, wasnt disappointed! if its your first time in ayia napa can strongly recommend clarabels restaraunt, and for lunch the snack bar right on the beach....food lovely.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.