DIY Holidays

Discussion relating to DIY holidays
Firstly may I say how sorry we are to hear about your mother and our thoughts are with you and your family.

Contact Easyjet and your accommodation suppliers and see what they say. Until you do that you do not know what your options are. Good luck.
firstly Id like to say how sorry I am to hear about your mother boots.

Im pretty sure you can make amendments to your booking on line with easyjet . Go into your bookings. I know there is an option to change flights etc so there may be one to cancel. Unfortunately their charges to amend bookings to another date etc are quite high around £20-30 and they make this charge per person each way :( . Regretably if you got the flight very cheaply it may be more cost effective to just cancel , but then I guess a flight to gran canaria in aug may not have been that cheap.

not too sure about your accomodation . If you booked direct with the hotel many only make charges if you cancel with less than 72 hrs notice but I have doubts you will be that lucky and i would contact them as soon as you can . the good news is you are covered by your insurance . I know this is probably the last thing you need to be dealing with at the monment but have you spoken to them as they will let you know what documentation you will need to supply from easyjet and your hotel supplier .I dare say they will also want something confirmed from your mums GP or similar.

lyn
Thanks for your replys,the hotel booking was thomson hotel only.Flights were £991,booked with ba,then transfered to easyjet.I have looked at my booking but not finding it very clear.Hotel booking was £500,might be better claiming through my ins but i dont understand what i have to do about the airport tax,i dont live too far from Luton airport and i am thinking i might be better going there to sort it out?
Boots
Hi boots

I am so sorry to hear about your mum. It must be a very difficult time for you.

I would suggest posting in the EasyJet topic in our Flights forum and one of the experts there might be able to advise you.

luci :wave
If you are fully covered boots it will probably be a lot easier for you at the moment to just make a claim on your insurance for the full amount and then re-book when you feel up to it unless of course it would simple to move both onto another date . With easyjet if you were to move it as I say they will make a charge for that and I dont think they refund if the flight you are moving to is cheaper at the time of change but they will charge the new fare if its more expensive. Yes if you were to cancel you can reclaim tax but again they make an admin charge big enough for you not to bother

If you were to move the date im not sure where that would leave you with your insurance . they will probably ask for confirmation of cancellation but Im not sure if they would cover your additional expenses involved in moving to another date. :think . maybe somebody else may be able to help there.

lyn
before you cancel anything i would double check with your insurance company that you are covered for this cancellation.
normally, you would only be covered for someone who was due to travel with you and was named on the insurance.
there is a lot of money involved here so i would get the insurance company to confirm they will pay and what paperwork they will need.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.