Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Hi,

On a fairly quick search throught the old faithful websites I use, it seems that there is no availability at the Anfora Playa for you dates. However, using Travel Republic, Xcapewithus, Jet2.com there are plenty of rooms at El Cortijo. But laos Thomson themselves have rooms at several other places in Es Cana that match your dates (only the Anfora from the 28th). Its all depandant on how much you want to pay really.

Good luck with your search
Hi William

Not sure you can do much about the booking at the Anfora. Will they let you have the last 7 days at the cheap rate they quoted ? Might be cheaper to get 3 days somewhere else then move. I notice that the 3 days are peak season(Aug) then the prices will drop in September - just as your rooms become available !

Had a look around my favourite sites and the prices look pretty high to me - just catching the last week of the summer season I guess...... :(

For example - I'm getting The Caribe (as it's pretty close to the Anfora) half board at around £1500 for the 10 nights - 2 rooms.

Do you mind saying how much you have to budget ? I'm sure there are some bargain hunters out there who like a challenge :)

John
Hi, I've had a look on Alpharooms and Thomson and they've both got some reasonably priced accomodation depending on your budget, Alpharooms had 3 hotels and 2 apartments (2 bedrooms) and Thomson had 2 hotels available. None of the accomodation is next to the hotel you wanted but Es Cana isn't that big a resort anyway so I don't think this would spoil your holiday. We stayed in Es Cana 8 years ago and I think the hotels that are available are nicer hotels than Anofora Playa.

Hope this has helped

Carol :que
hi william, have you managed to sort anything out yet.? I do hope so, there's nothing worse than being dissapointed like this, but it is possible to get something there for your dates, but maybe not at the price you were expecting to pay originally. Like the other posters, i have been having a search for you on all the different accomodation sites, and the cheapest as yet has been as carolamy suggested, and that is with thomson hotels. if you do as john suggests, book first 2 nights with say the caribe hotel, that at the moment is £332 for two rooms, then 8 nights with the anfora playa is £928 for two rooms = total £1260
also if you dont got to the anfora playa at all the prices are as follows:-
Caribe - half board - £1396
Ereso - full board - £1508
El cortijo - room only - £1565
coral beach - half board - £1483 (hotel furthest away though)
I hope this helps, if it doesn't i enjoyed the challenge anyway.
lets us know how you get on. - dotty :wave:
UPDATE...........................

Despite telephoning Anfora Playa on numerous occasions they are adamant they are fully booked, so imagine my surprise when a friend of a friend has just booked a week there during the same time we want to go. Again I rang Anfora and they told me "This is impossible, because we're fully booked". So, I went to Co-Op travel and lo and behold..................there it is! You can still book the Anfora Playa THROUGH A TRAVEL AGENT. For many reasons I have had to do this, albeit at a much higher cost and with changes to our plans, because of the 10 days I want to go Anfora only have the last 7 available, so here is what we've got.

3 days at hotel Riomar in Santa Elulia, then travel to Anfora Playa for
7 days at hotel Anfora Playa in Es Cana

anybody got any tips or advice on this? Ie, transfers between the 2 or ANY OTHER TIPS?

Thanks to everybody for their help and concerns.
of course you can book it through a travel agent. it works like this. a tour company comes along and buys say 80% of the hotel's rooms, they then have the risk of selling these or not. the hotel has 20% of its rooms left to sell itself. if it sells them all then they are fully booked. for example some hotels are 100% travel operator bookings where you can't book direct with the hotel, and some are 100% independent and don't deal with tour operators. the majority of hotels in ibiza are somewhere in the middle.

sdII
A taxi should only cost 10Euro at the max for your transfer.

I take it that the Riomar is coming in cheaper than anywhere in Es Cana then ?

John
john123 wrote:
I take it that the Riomar is coming in cheaper than anywhere in Es Cana then ?

hi, i was wondering that too john. as i know when i had a look at what was available, the problem seemed to be the first 2 days that the anfora playa was unavailable for but the remaining 8 days there was availability. there were many hotels in escana available for the first two days, i quoted for the caribe as i think that was the nearest to the anfora. - dotty
While I was actually at the travel agents the lady showed me that the hotels do not like to split weeks up like this. They'd rather fill the full week than have to try and get rid of 4 or 5 days. She looked at lots of hotels in Es Cana, but none were willing to let us take just 3 days, or if they did the prices were the same as if we booked a week.

So now onto transfers......... I have started browsing around looking for the beast deal for 9 of us.
I just managed to get rates and confirmation of availablity at the Caribe for those few days !!!!

http://www.hotelcaribeibiza.com then use online reservations. Alternatively, just drop them a mail on reservas@hotelcaribeibiza.com - they are really quite helpfull ( and mention you have stayed there before) ;)

John
hi william, i see now why you may have had the problem of booking just a couple of days in a different hotel in escana, its because you were in a travel agent enquiring rather than looking to book online through the various accomodation sites. any way, really pleased you have got sorted out, and sorry i can't recommend a taxi firm as we always pick up one from the airport easily enough as there are only two of us. good luck, and enjoy your hols - dotty
try looking at the new airport bus services that are running .i am sure it runs up there. every 1/2 hour on the hour.right outside airport turn right bus stop.dam site cheaper than taxi...all depends that you don;t land after midnight say

Es Canar-Airport (Line 24) - Hotel Cala Nova-Hotel Miami-Es Canar-Hotel Atlántico-Hotel Ereso-Club Punta Arabi-Cala Martina-Club Cala Pada-Restaurante Es Faralló-Santa Eulalia-Can Marça-Can Creu-Ca Na Negreta-Airport
William I am glad to hear that managed to get sorted. You will enjoy Santa Eulalia as much as Es Cana. we have stayed in both and I wouldn`t be able to say which I like best, because both are great. Whilst there have a drink in Mariners, it`s very close to the Riomar, slots for the kids and a fantastic view for the adults. If you like a walk, at the side of Mariners is a small river, we used to have a walk up to devils bridge and feed the cats and ducks. If you like tapas there is a great tapas bar not far from the street stalls, not sure of the name but it has lizards on the wall and tables out side on the pavement. The boats go to Escana several times a day and buses too.If you fancy some entertainment on a night the Orquidea hotel not far from you has night time entertainment.At night if you fancy eating out the road where the restaraunts are closes to traffic on a night, here is a good selection of restaraunts.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.