Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hi,

My wife has a disability and while she is not in a wheelchair she does have a mobility problem.

Boat Trips - you will find that there are some boats that will not have facilities to cater for the disabled, although equally you will fin others that do. Some of the larger boats will have access points for disabled travellers, and indeed areas for wheelchair access. It will be a case of checking the boats, where they go, and making your choice.

Water-park - no problem here, clear access with disabled facilities.

Other places:

Paphos Bird Park - bit of a trek outside of Paphos itsellf, but the site is flat with plenty of room for wheelchairs.

Snake George - may be a bit bumpy outside, but once inside everything is flat. Depending on the individuals height they may have a problem looking into some of the ‘pits' where the snakes are housed

Viklari - get up here for lunch. Lovely views and cool. Once at Viklari the layout is flat and spacious.

If I think of any more I'll add another post.

HTH.

Mike
thanks mike for your help we will definatly be going to viklari
You will need your own transport for The Viklari, or Last Castle, as it is also called:
http://www.postimage.org/Pq17L3pA.jpg
Because of road conditions many recommend a 4X4, but it is possible, with care, in a normal saloon.

Mark
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.