Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi the Blue Bays is discussting really bad

Hotel it self is beautiful food terrible but depends on how cheap you are getting it for

We looked for April and it was £112 A/I for 3 off us but decided to pay a little bit more for a 5 star Ultra Deluxe A/i :wave:

There is quite a lot off good price out for April
I have never been to either of the hotels but my friend goes to Blue Bays 2 or 3 times every year and has done so for the last 13 years and she loves it.
You need to read the hotel reviews on it before you book :cheers
Ok thanks a lot for that,

So what about the weather exactly and the shops etc?

Will it be open this time of year?
Hi

Weather in May can be changeable - I would say pack for all eventualities. I've been in May several times and on some occasions not seen a cloud for a week and on others it has been a mixture of sunny days and cloudy/showery. In 2005 we had days of wicked thunderstorms! Don't let this deter you though as it was the exception rather than the rule and showers tend to pass through and dry up quickly and can be very localised (raining in Marmaris, dry in Icmeler for example). Temps will be warming up nicely, anything between mid to late 20's so it's warm enough to catch a tan but it tends to be cool in the evenings so I would suggest taking a lightweight jacket or cardi and some jeans/long trousers just in case. It's better for getting to sleep than in the summer though and there aren't so many mozzies around.

You are going right at the beginning of the season but most if not all the shops, bars and restaurants will be open. It will be fairly quiet down the beach front and Bar Street at night at that time of year so if you like it banging you may be disappointed! The best thing about going at the start of the season is that the Turks will be fired up and ready for the new season so they will pull out all the stops and you are more likely to find bargains and discounts than in the high season.

As for the hotels - sorry can't really help you there as I normally stay in self catering apartments. Blue Bays is on the beach front, going towards Icmeler so it's quite a way from the marina end of town, and Cettia is further back in Armutalan, which is the area I normally stay in. They are both big hotels, but Cettia is bigger.

Hope this helps.

Kittimus :wave:
Ok thanks, thats really helpful!

We've seen a couple we are looking towards being definites, these being:
Grand Aquarium Apartments
Club Cettia

So hopefully will be booking these end of month!

Hopefully the weather will be ok for us, not too fussy about clubbing etc just a relaxed holiday and some shopping! I proposed in Marmaris too, so will be a nice way to look back haha!

Thanks!
Hi oasullyfc

My hubby proposed to me in Marmaris and we are celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary this August! It was a spur of the moment thing and when our friends (who we met out there the previous year) and the owner of the apartments got wind of what was happening they organised champagne and a cake and we ended up having a proper party - it was brilliant. We also spent our honeymoon in Marmaris and just keep going back. We have tried other countries but nothing seems to match up to Turkey for us.

Have a great time, we will be going back out in June for 2 weeks and can't wait :cheers

Kittimus
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.