Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Hi Jo, we went to fuengirola last july with our 8yr old daughter and loved it !! totally flat, 7 km of lovely sandy beaches with play areas dotted about, at night time, there's lots of playground rides for your tiny one, sorry not sure what there is for 16 yr olds !
great restraunts, any nationality of food you could wish for.
we got the train to torremelinos for the day and had a lovely day out, but still prefered fuengirola, not sure what happens at night in torremelinos, so can't comment.
The train system is great, you can go from malaga to fuengirola and look at all the stops and plan a completely different day out in any area along that route, really enjoyed it.
I would say though that in fuengirola, we found ourselves sitting outside bars playing dominoes as entertainment in bars meant indoors and far too smokey to take kids in, so hope this helps !
I would say that for what you want there is nothing much to choose between the 2 resorts except for where you would be staying. If you are at the back of Fuengirola it would be a flat walk to the beach - in Torremolinos it could be an uphill hike at the end of the day when you least want it.
Hi
Thanks for advice. I think we are edging towards fuengirola ourselves so your info has helped. Its difficult when you are choosing a holiday , the last thing you want is to spend a lot of money and end up somewhere not suitable
Thanks again
Jo
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.