Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Torremolinoss would be fine, stay near to the Marina where there are bars and restaurants. I would prefer there than Fuengirola.
bejay wrote:
Torremolinoss would be fine, stay near to the Marina where there are bars and restaurants. I would prefer there than Fuengirola.

Thanks for your reply. Can you give me some idea of the type of nightlife there? Is it typical spanish? or more touristy? eg. do the clubs play the likes of UK chart music? Or perhaps something completely different? Not really sure what to expect - thanks
Torremolinos is alot more spanish than it's bad reputation in the uk, so is probably nothing like you expect.
Have you thought about Benalmadena? It has the busy 24 hour square, and as long as you stay away from Linekars bar and Liquid (both in the same corner) alot of fun can be had at the other bars there, with them playing uk top 40 tunes and 70s and 80s stuff as well, a real party atmosphere, newist bar is Molly Malones, a big Irish retro bar but it more popular with spanish, english scottish and welsh than irish lol.. but is good fun, open til 6am i think.
Then of course you have Puerto Marina, a tad classier than the square, but equally alot more expensive.. some cool bars and clubs there, and of course the setting is lovely. By day its a great place to eat on the water and people watch.
Also, benefit of Benalamadena is it is central to everywhere, so you can go one way or the other if you fancy having a mooch about the areas, and with a very good bus and train service at very good fares it wont break the bank.

Hope that helps you.

CC
Think Benalmadena would suit you both, plus its not far to Torre from there, if you fancy checking that out too, also Fuengirola can be reached by bus/train...although think last bus back maybe around 11pm, although in summer there are buses running into the early hours..Hope you enjoy your stay where-ever you choose.. :sun2
Yeah we have since considered Benalmadena. unfortunately we cant find any apartments there to stay - crazy eh?! They either are way too expensive, have got really bad reviews, dont have a pool, or are miles away from everything. Its very tough! If we stayed in torremelinos, could we go out to benalmadena for a night out (it does sound brilliant!), or would it be too far away to do that?

Thanks for all the answers folks :)
They are right next to each other with Carihuela in between. Good public transport system and not too far for the taxis too. Go for it.
There aren't many Brits left in Torremelinos these days and I think you would be very dissapointed with the nightlife there and would want to go to Benalmadena every night so best to try and find somewhere there or at least that end of Carihuela.
I haven't stayed in Fuengerola before but more lively than Torremelinos now.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.