Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Hi
My wife and I have holidayed in mallorca since we were a young couple!! (now in our late 40's so not too old!) We have always loved Cala Millor which does have a very nice beach with plenty of restaurants and bars, not sure about clubs although have read on here there are a couple.It is not like Magalluf at all but, then again we also stayed in Palma Nova which although right next door to Magalluf is nothing like it either, the beach is lovely and once again plenty of shops, restaurants and bars. Alcudia is another place to consider although I think it is more family orientated? Fantastic beach there and plenty to do without being too rowdy. Hope this helps? We are off to Cala Millor the end of June and cannot wait!! Wherever you go have a wonderful holiday.
Tony
Palma Nova and Santa ponsa are both lovely (not like magaluf) with plenty to do. They're only a short distance away from each other.
Palma Nova and Son Caliu would get my vote

both close to magaluf, beautiful beaches and some lovely restaurants
Great :) Okay thanks for all your replies, there are certainly a few places you have suggested that we will consider :D
Hey
Leave Magaluf alone !! I go every year ( in May and don't go near the strip ) but have a great time.
Sol Guadalupe must be the best value hotel in Magaluf . It's fantastic . Why not give it a try.
Scouse mags,
I have to say We did go into Magalluf during the day and the shops were great and the beach was lovely, I agree about staying away from the strip but even then its not too bad in the early evening most of the young crowd dont get going till the early hours by then we are back at the hotel tucked up in bed!!!! I cant comment on actually staying in the resort as we stayed in Palma Nova at the Son Mateas Hotel which suited us down to the ground (although VERY expensive now!).

Tony
Cala Millor has the right mix not to busy not to quiet :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.