Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Have stayed at both hotels and in my opinion the Lagoa Azul is a much better hotel than the Highland Beach. We booked a standard room and upgraded direct with hotel to a 1 bed suite, cost an extra £85 for 2 weels but excellent. The standard room size in the Lagoa Azul is very generous.
If you are judging the holiday on where the hotel is situated then I preferred the Highland beach as nearer to the beach. My ideal would be to move the Lagoa Azul to Candolim.

Hope this helps
Bev
Thanks Bev.

I guess we would rather be nearer the beach, how long ago did you stay at the H.Beach? recent reports suggest its getting too big! - we don't mind basic as we don't plan staying around the hotel too much. Last time we stayed in Baga but thought it may be too busy now? or is Candolim just as busy. We hope to go the last two weeks before xmas which I guess is peak season nearly?
Just got back from Highland and yes it is getting bigger but most of the new build is private so the actual hotel side of things shouldn't be much busier. Also the new build is well underway now with most of the major construction, building shells etc having being done, I would imagine that depending on how the monsoon goes that all should be completed by year end, but don't hold me to that ! Candolim is not much busier than it has been over the last few years, plenty of room for everyone although some of the restaurants can be full at peak times. I read the local Herald whilst there and European visitor figures are climed to be down 10% this season in Goa.
Just spent 3 weeks at Lagoa Azul (2nd visit to this hotel) It is a fantastic hotel great staff can't do enough for you.

Much smaller hotel that HB which in my opinion makes it much more friendly, within a few days you will be on speaking terms with all the guests making a great atmosphere, True it isn't as close to the the beach as the HB but taxis are cheap and also the hotel runs a free bus every hour to Baga beach.

Several restaurants within walking distance and food in the hotel is good, but again you can get a taxi to the busier parts.

So nice to wake up to just the sound of birds rather than the sound of traffic and the honking of taxis.
Thanks very much - think thats made my mind up!! I'll go for Lagoa Azul
Stayed in the Highland beach Nov 2004 and have heard it is going down hill unless you get allocated one of the new rooms. For 2007 we have booked the Pheonix Park Candolim only because we liked to be nearer the beach.

The Lagoa Azul is a beautifully kept secret and has many return visiters year after year. If you accept you will alwasy need a scooter or taxi to the beach or happy to get on the free bus to Baga this hotel is perfect

Bev
Forgot to say we have stayed in Candolim at Xmas and it is much busier than Jan or Nov but tell me where in the world isn't busier for Christmas!!
Wasn't too busy and always a sunbed on the beach. I am visiting again Jan 2007 as I preferred it less however not everyone has a choice when they can travel.

Agree with Joan the setting of Lagoa azul is peacful and the sounds from the beds are magical
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.