Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Lagoa Azul
8 Posts
If anyone has stayed here recently please update our reviews by adding yours here:- http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/india/goa/arpora/lagoa-azul-resort-hotel/

Many Thanks :cheers
Just back after two weeks at the Lagoa Azul,
A great holiday - I got home and tried to immediately book again for winter 2012/2013.
I was really disappointed to find that Thomson, First Choice, Thomas Cook, and Cosmos no longer will offer this hotel!
Does anyone know why this hotel has been eliminated by the big Tour Ops?
I've no idea why, I found it excellent.
The most important big plus factor for me about this hotel is its location.
It's at the end of a really quiet country road in Arpora, far away from the giant rubbish tips, noisy, beach crowds and hassle, thousands of crazy tourists riding motorbikes dangerously, and the other horrible things normally found in North Goa.
ukbill wrote:
It's at the end of a really quiet country road in Arpora, far away from the giant rubbish tips, noisy, beach crowds and hassle, thousands of crazy tourists riding motorbikes dangerously, and the other horrible things normally found in North Goa.

Why do you go :que
Why do you go

I go to Goa because I like Indian culture, people, and food.
And the amazing unique Indian light and colour.
And, of course, the weather in January.
I've been to Goa 8 times now, mostly the north, but last two years in the south.
I found the south much quieter and cleaner than the north.
The north now, in my opinion has really got far too dirty and crowded. It's like taking a holiday on a rather noisy rubbish tip.
And Calangute with its gigantic smelly rubbish tip, next to the beach shacks, where the rats collect in huge numbers at night, is horrific.
I ended up in Arpora at the Lagoa Azul almost by accident - and found it wonderful.
More like Goa was in the past.
Sadly it appears not bookable in future
- so maybe I have to swap to a different country for my January breaks.
Have you tried to book direct with the hotel Bill?
I go to Goa because I like Indian culture, people, and food.
And the amazing unique Indian light and colour.
And, of course, the weather in January.
I've been to Goa 8 times now, mostly the north, but last two years in the south.
I found the south much quieter and cleaner than the north.
The north now, in my opinion has really got far too dirty and crowded. It's like taking a holiday on a rather noisy rubbish tip.
And Calangute with its gigantic smelly rubbish tip, next to the beach shacks, where the rats collect in huge numbers at night, is horrific.
I ended up in Arpora at the Lagoa Azul almost by accident - and found it wonderful.
More like Goa was in the past.
Sadly it appears not bookable in future
- so maybe I have to swap to a different country for my January breaks.

I think you have summed up our opinion nicely there too Bill.
We like to travel independently if possible and then you can combine the North and South and book the hotel of your choice. It's still possible to DIY staying at equally good hotels and at a saving too if you stay for a bit longer, say 4 weeks.
We gave India a miss this winter but will probably be back in 2012/13. Our choice this winter,Kenya, although very special for their National Parks and safaris just didn't compare in our opinion even though the hotel we stayed at was outstanding.
India does have a special magic that draws you back.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.