Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
firstly welcome to HT

hisaronu is a dolmus ride to the beach its about 1.5 - 2 miles approx, olu deniz is in the beach area, the main beach in olu deniz is shingly but the lagoon area does have some lovely sandy beaches,olu deniz its a medium sized resort but you do have hisaronu with more shops, bars , restaurants etc to got to, its a very scenic place, the popular good quality hotels in this area are mainly all inc or full board, like the fab lykia world, belcekiz beach gets great reports too and the olu deniz and sun city good reports, sc karbel seems to get decent reports. good luck with where ever you choose
hi
we liked gumbet it has good night life , shopping ,you can get the dolmus bus into bordrum about 10/15 min away. we stayed in the royal asarlik beach hotel it's a/l or you can have the asarlik next door h/b stayed there to . they are right on the beach with great views ,food is good and staff really helpful , they have gardens that you can lie and sunbathe in the hammocks or loungers and look right out to sea , also altinkum is a lovely place to the beach is good so is the nightlife and great places to eat out and the people are so friendly . :wave:
Gumbet isn't in the Olu Deniz region, it is in the Bodrum Peninsular.

If you did fancy trying another area though then yes, I agree Gumbet is great place to go.
With Nicholas Heights being in Hisaronu, you will need to take a dolmus(local mini-bus) to get to the beach at Olu Deniz. Other than this, Hisaronu is a good base to get out and about from. Another resort to consider is Altinkum, it is lively and has a good beach. Sorry, I am unable to recommend a hotel. We stayed in Altinkum last June but the hotel we were at was in a bit of a noisy area as an open air disco was close by and this went on well into the early hours and there was a karaoke bar even closer !!

Les
i know it's not in that region but as there new to the form and turkey just thought i would give them some other ideas to look at and consider .
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.