Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
I'm also off to Falaraki in August this summer and as above I am also wondering what its like there now.

After all the specuation in the papers last summer, is this place really dead now? Whats it like in Falaraki overall?

Any replies would be very helpful! Thanks xx :lol:
*Edit bold removed please do not post in bold in the forums - Glynis*
Faliraki was pretty quiet last year. Shouldn't be too bad peak season but if it's not busy enough just get a bus to Rhodes Town and taxi back. Rhodes Town (Orfandinou Street) is always busy in the summer months and has always been an excellent night! Oh n as for the girls -Rhodes Town is popular with the Scandis so enough said :wink: !
During the day in Faliraki there's watersports on the beach, go karts and a great waterpark or just pick a nice pool bar and enjoy the :sun !
Went to Faliraki last july(peak season) and i thougt it was dead. Much more life going on in Rhodes town.
Was really disapointed last year, but might pick up again this year.
whatt do you mean by dead? just no-one around and bars and clubs empty??!! whats it like in falaraki.... beach, shops, things to do?!

Please, any information would be appreciated!!

Thanks xx :pele
Hey Clairelou don't worry too much - they are trying to make Faliraki a bit more family orientated but resorts on the island tend to vary in popularity every year. If it is dead then Rhodes Town is easy enough to get to.
The beach at Faliraki is fantasic and plenty to do as above. You can get the local bus down to Lindos or up to Rhodes Town if you fancy a change of scene.
Shopping is just tourist shops mainly but get to Rhodes Town and you can shop for england!!
Clairelou

I have edited the above post to remove bold font which is not allowed as per the T&C's. Any future posts in bold will be deleted.

luci - HT Mod
Hi everyone
Im starting to get really worried me and my pals have been on holiday every summer for the last two years went to magaluf last year and Ibiza the year before and magaluf will take alot off beating im just worried cause faliraki was the place to go two threes ago and im just wondering if everyone has got bored and moved on to a new resort

with my lads and me mainly i like a good dance and to get wrecked but the main objective is to get with loads of girls and im worried there wont be any there.

What is the best pubs and clubs?

How far is Rhodes Town?

Help me

Thanks Kent Lad
It looks like the in place this year in Zante, faliraki looks like its had its time. It is going to be known as a family resort in the next few years and you could tell that by how many people were around last yr. the clubs and bars were all open but just not that many people filling them. There was plenty of space on the dance floors etc. Was concidering to go back this year but chosen kardemena instead due to the fact that it was quiet in faliraki last yr.
Busiest bars in Faliraki when i lived on the island were Champers and Bunny's (Bar street), George's (Club Street) and Chaplin's (beachside). The clubs often change name and popularity depending on DJ etc so impossible to say.
Rhodes Town is about 6-8 miles North of Faliraki and best street for bars is Orfandinou. Loads of good bars there, all depends what kind of music you're into - just have a wander down the street n pick somewhere u like the look/sound of.
whats the weather like in falaraki in august? bit of a dense question i know, but i've never been to Greece... always holiday in Turkey!

does anyone know of the Ana Cambos apartments? cant seem to find any reviews anywhere.

Thanks xx
Rhodes is pretty close to the coast of Turkey so you can expect similar temperatures - often well over 30 in the day :sun ! Faliraki is on the east (less breezy) side of the island but there's often a high summer wind that makes it feel a bit more comfortable (still v hot, though).
Nights are hot too so if you haven't got a/c it's worth hiring a fan.
right heres the real truth..i went to falarki last year there were six of us and i wasnt dead at all, maybe a bit quiter than years ago but def not dead... i went in august and it was red hot some days u just cudnt sit out in the sun!! the beach was nice but the sand was too hot to walk on u cudnt go on it with bare feet, there some good clubs and the foam partys are well good.. im into house music and only found 1 club where they hadba room which played it i cant remeber the name but it was on bar srteet one of the biggest clubs there.. bedrock was the place to be everyone went there before they headed of to the clubs, take advantage of all the free shots and drinks!! have a good un
WillyG sounds like you need to go Malia Crete before they clean that place
up as well which for me wow be too soon.
Rick.
Just got back from Falaraki two days ago and it's not dead - don't panic. The first few days before the new arrivals on Satruday, were very quiet in the bars but it's really picked up as the week went on.
There are lots of bars and clubs and some of them are empty but just be prepared to take a stroll to find a busy one, make friends with the PR's so you get in free or get free drinks and you'll be fine!
There are lots of girls and if you boys are prepared to be chatty then all will be well - we found the boys were lacking in decent conversation and chat and seemed quite young so if you're brave then you'll do great!
If you don't expect it to be heaving every night but enjoy fairly busy bars then you'll have a good time!
:roll: ohh deary me.....i hope Faliraki isnt dead coz me n my mates are going on july 6th!!!! any one else goin around then?!!

amy x
All posts in text language will be deleted

Biff HT Mod
I have a friend working out there at the moment, and he says it is quite quiet at the moment, but not dead. Its still early-ish, by July/August it should have definately have picked up. By the sounds of it though, its not going to be as busy as previous years......
leahross are you going with a group or someone else?

I'm going on the 6th July too

Went last year, really enjoyed it
Hi Everyone,

Other forums I use show Faliraki to be very much alive and kicking.
Where these "'Raki is dead" roumors are coming from I dont know but I think its people being ignorant and not checking the facts and beleiving everything they read in papers.

Your posting rules dont state anything about not doing this but I'd like to invite you to take a look at http://faliraki.me.uk . This shows just how busy 'Raki still is and is getting better every year after the slating the red-tops gave it back in 2003.

Have a wonderful holiday when you're out there,

Lukey
Global Moderator - Faliraki.me.uk
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.