General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Hi, have a look at the Greek island of Zante. The resort of Kalamaki has many bars and restaurants, which are very reasonably priced. Also there's a great mini golf! There's a lovely beach and lots of excursions available. We had a great time this summer.
Kalamaki was one of the resorts on our shortlists, looking favourite so far :lol:
Palma Nova - Majorca
Protaras - Cyprus
Calan Forcat - Menorca ( Beach not so good )
Albuifera - Portugal
Los Cristianos - Tenerife

Liked Halkidiki and Kos in Greece but cant remember any mini golf.

Kind Regards
Stewart
Olu Deniz in Turkey. Went with a 13 year old this year and it was lively enough for her without being overrun by 18 to 30's. Loads of bars and restaurants but didn't see many clubs. Also the Turkish markets are popular with both boy and girl teens who are into shopping. Nice boat trips with diving/jumping off of boats into sea, stopping at various beaches etc Loads of hotels with pools and a beach you can walk to. :D
I second Olu Deniz. Also lots of day trip to go on as well as the boat ones. Jeep safari, quad bikes, horse riding. Plus its a beautiful place.
I agree. Zante would be a good choice.
Sorry but i would go to benidorm its not all in your face i though the same when i went for my first vist this year but now cant waite to go back be all over spain and the caneries also the algarve but it has to be benni even my 10year old loved it and that is saying something
whereabouts would you reccommend to stay in Benidorm, is one area quiter than the others ?
the poniente end is quiter end than levantie its more spanish but only a 20min walk to the nightlife of lavantie we stayed in lavantie. it was ideal got a good nights sleep and was only 5mins from beach and nightlife and we have a 10year old that was out until 2am every night and that is unusal for her but she loved it. going back again in july to either the hotel orange or calypso dont no what one yet
how about 'sa coma' majorca?

clean,safe, nice big beach, quiet resort but enough to do, ie.,3x 18 hole crazy golf, horseriding, boat trips, watersports on beach,
selection of restaurants from cheap british bars to chinese to traditional spanish bars!

my parents live there. we go at least once a year
have a look at our website , it'll give you everything you need to know about the resort.

http://www.aboutsacoma.com

feel free to email me with any questions.
Natrose.
Don't take this the wrong way, but have you ever been to Benidorm.?
Poor old Benidorm doesn't half get knocked down, :roll: usually by people who have never been or base an opinion on some tv show or a journalist.
Blackpool by the sun, kiss me quick hats etc :roll:
Some people just cannot accept that Benidorm has moved on.!

You say in your post that you "like to sit by the pool"...well the hotel Pelicanos has one of the best pools in Europe.
You like to "walk to the beach", well Benidorm has 6 km, that has been awarded the coveted blue flag year after year.....it is cleaned every night with the exception of Xmas day...it is their pride and joy! infact the sand is that good, they export it to other resorts.
Poniente beach is the quieter and is where the old town is situated.

For your daughter there is.....
Mundamar
Terra Mitica
Terra Natura
Aqualandia
http://www.benidorm-spotlight.com/guide/theme_parks.htm
http://www.benidorm-spotlight.com/all_year_round.htm

The town is so diverse, that you can do whatever floats your boat :lol:
Stay in the Levante side of town that is a typical Brits corner, or walk up to the old town and be engulfed in Spanish tapas and shops.

There are many excursions available daily to explore the surrounding area, like the Algar waterfalls where a TV commercial for a famous shampoo was filmed....or spend a day in the city of Valencia :wink:

Look beyond the high rise buildings and you'll find a gem of a place. :wink:

SanJi x
I have just booked the Venus Hotel in Kalamaki direct with the owners. I think I LOOKED AT NEARLY all resorts in Europe but kept coming back to this hotel. :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.