Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
Hi and welcome to the forum! :wave:

I love Playa Blanca but it's been a few years since I was last there so I'll leave it to the regulars to respond more fully ;)

Pippy :)
I would probably suggest Playa Blanca, as it is near to Papagayo which will give you the lovely sandy beaches. There are some lovely hotels in Playa Blanca too, nice shops, good restaurants and if you don't mind walking you can wander a long way along the promenade in both directions. The village centre itself is quite small though, and the town beach not so good.

Puerto del Carmen has the sandy beaches, and loads of shops and restaurants and great walking, but perhaps not as upmarket as PB

As regular readers are aware, Costa Teguise is my least favourite resort, and as I rarely go there I can't comment!!

September is, IMO, the best month here on Lanzarote. I'm not too sure that you will find cheap deals any more though!!
ok ,

"Puerto del Carmen has the sandy beaches, and loads of shops and restaurants and great walking, but perhaps not as upmarket as PB"

by not as upmarket you mean it isnt as pretty and maybe a little more grimey. I do not want a Blackpool abroad type destination, thats for sure.

i like the idea of P.D.C. beciase it seems lively and lots of restaurants etc , but i dont want it to be overly crowded and tacky .

maybe PB then ...
has playa banca got many restaurants to choose form , with plenty of entertainment if we want to find it ? , evern a bit of a quiz, or bit of music, thaat sort of thing . is the promanade pretty and nice to stroll down on an evening ?
'Tacky' is a word I used to describe PDC but, as I said, it's been a few years since I was there. We found there were plenty of places to go to eat and drink in PB but then we're not party animals! ;)
I personally prefer the beaches in PB too, the sand, as I remember it, is softer and lighter but the beaches are smaller in the town area than those of PDC. I spent lots of time on the beach in the Playa Flamingo area of PB, that's within walking distance of the centre of PB.
I'd go for PDC Sam,
Loads to do, great beaches, and a lovely beach walk to Matagorda, 3 or 4 miles.
Loads of bars & restraunts, but never in yout face
Playa Blanca I feel would be too quiet for you mate

Danny
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.