America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
I personally think thats too expensive, im going start of sept this year and only paying £2400 for 5 of us staying on I drive.
Staying at disney resorts you would still need to buy your theme park tickets .What dates are you looking to go and flying from which airport? im pretty sure you will get a much better deal than the one quoted.
Looking for around 5th august but any time in school holdiay fine we live in Coventry so not fussy about airports gatwick and manchester both fine or even better birmingham if they do it, we don't drive so need to be able to get to theme parks easily have since found first choice disney pop for 3389 or quality inn int for 2810 but still dont want to be paying more if it can be done cheaper
I am staying in Universal Royal Pacific - fantastic hotel... see trip advisor.

Total cost - 19 May - 16 days.

£3k including car and flights

All booked direct, so so much cheaper - travel agents are a rip off
If you can go any time in August school hols, then go as late as possible in August, not the beginning. Partly because it may be cheaper, but mainly because the parks will be much less busy, since US schools go back before ours. I would definitely recommend you stay at a Disney hotel, esp if not driving and because there is much more 'magic' for the kids! Try http://www.travelcitydirect.co.uk who are part of Virgin Holidays and may be cheaper.
we are going in the school holidays next year at easter £4400 with virgin for 5 of us for 3 weeks (2 weeks of easter hols plus an extra week) :sun2
On first choice it looks like i can get either disney pop or all stars sport or movie for 3200 going august 12 for 2 weeks thats for the four of us,also looks like if we do it early could get free disney dining plan and the 14 day pass for price of 7 does this seem good if so which of the 3 hotels can people recommend
Hi try travel city direct.I have got a price for 2 adults and my 13 year old to a private villa and flights with virgin from manchester on the 24th june for £1683.Car hire is about £280.
If you can get free dining, that is brilliant. We got it last time and it was wonderful. You do have to book the restaurants in advance though. We have stayed at the All Star Sports and the Movies. Both equally good, just depends which theming you prefer. I think Pop Century is just the same, but haven't stayed there. It is the newest. So it is down to which takes your fancy/ which appeals to your children most. You will need the 14 day pass.
Hi, we have always booked diy. You can book accommodation only and disney tickets direct with disney uk. If you book into port orleans you get free quick service disney dinning plan, port orleans is a moderate resort, but disney uk currently have deluxe for same price with the added benefit of full free disney dinning. We are looking for next august 2010 we are a party of 2 adults 2 kids aged 3 and 11. 2 weeks is 1400 at saratoga springs resort or old key west resort (both deluxe disney properties), you then add on the price for whatever tickets you want eg ultimate or 7 day premium. We are going to start looking for flights using kayak.co.uk from september onwards. It takes a lot of looking but you can pick up indirect flights for 350 ish pp. look at dibb website for more help. :)
I'm just going to reiterate what an earlier poster said. If you can go mid to late August, you should. The American schools go back around that time so the parks become quieter. We went 22nd July last year for 2 weeks and the parks were heaving. It wasn't unheard of to have a 90 minute plus wait for some rides, which isn't much fun in 90+ degree heat. Having been previously during May and September when it was much quieter, I wouldn't go in July/early August again through choice.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.