Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
you will pick up your bps at the airport. Print out your checkin confirmation for peace of mind. Have a great holiday :)
Thanks a lot.. Goa here we come 8th time and still excited and this time it's for 8 weeks. Thanks again
:sun2
8 weeks- I am so jealous. Can't think of a better time of year to go off on holiday- no Jan and Feb in the UK. Bliss :)
Well we arrived safely in Goa Turkish Airlines great one drawback the long wait at Mumbai meant we were actually travelling for 24 hours. I have booked a room at Holiday inn for the return journey. Was it worth it ...................YOU BET IT WAS, feels like coming home, especially as we stay in a village and everyone knows everyone .
Glad to hear your having a good time Carol :tup Look forward to reading your report on your return. Safe journey home. :tup
This time I will attempt to do a report, I have always had helpful advise from this site, unlike another site from which I am still awaiting a response! Thanks again for the numerous times I have had a question answered ( without sarcasm ) :tup
Sounds like quite a trek, Manchester to Instanbul to Mumbai to Goa.

What was the reason for this route? Did you stop off along the way?

8 weeks. Jealous? Moi??? Noooo.

OK. Well, maybe just a huge amount. Have a fabulous time.
Hi Mobor one
The reason for this trek wwas a saving of £600 . Ask me was it worth it .................you bet it was . We were very very tired when we arrived at our little bit of Goa but we unpacked and out we went. As we stay in a village near Arpora everyone was waiting for our arrival. It feels like we have never been away. We go for our evening meal to Nik and Nats, Waiter ask how long are you here for and how are your teeth (I know sounds a funny question but last year I had an abscess and had to have some dental work) Impressed he remembered, even more impressed when he asked did we want our steak the same as usual medium to,well done!! Even more impressed when he said "vodka tonic". 2nd day we slept so I am writing that off. 3rd day went to Ashwam to our usual beach shack "Lovely Jubley" was met with the same enthusiastic greetings " you back how long" banter re football then takes place. We eat "at home"
Now everyone is getting bored by my meandering s so to the nitty gritty we have eaten at Nic and Nats very very good, Green Goa also very very good Sia no fault to be found and at a cost of 795 rupees for 3 courses and drinks we will return. For a special treat we went, on the recommendation of our driver of 5 years to J A's @ Little Italy Bagga, and boyo was it good .........yep more expensive than our usual but well worth it for a treat. We will return.
Well that's one week gone 7 more to go . I have not gone into "we had this and we had that" but if any one want more details I am willing to give them
Meander as much as you like,i can't get enough.We go in 8 weeks and it all adds to the build up.
We are staying on Baga Creek so will probably use alot of eating places around there.
How lucky are you? Well Jell!
I agree. I love reading trip reports. We used to have so many and it was great to read them all.
Well the 2 nd week has started well, last night we went along with friends we stay with, to i95 Bar and Restaurant, Saligoa (a short taxi ride from Arpora). What a great meal, I started with an Indian dish served in a pastry cup mmmmmmmmm I followed it with chicken stuffed with goats cheese and apricot served with a small baked potatoe and salad. Dessert was a trio made up of a chocolate tart, lemon torte and a samosa filled with chocolate. Other meals were starters crab, a spicy mushroom soup and bruschetta mains were medallion of fillet steaks on a bed of sweet potato a Southern Indian Dish and Pan roasted pink duck. Desserts were apple crumble with a small jug of custard, wild berry pavlova and for now I cannot remembered the fourth one. All were declared to die for. With drinks it totalled 4800 rupees. Another place for special treats. Today we went to
Mandrim beach to a shack we have never used before, called Cafe Mandrim concrete floor so no sand and also no rickety bridge to cross just down a few steps and onto the beach. We had a chicken
salad and a tuna sald both declared nice, Charge of 160 for both sun beds . Also more than 5 beds available, this was a very nice spot and we will return. Evening in tonight due to the fact we have a further 7 weeks to suffer this hard task of relaxing and enjoying ourselves, we cannot go out all day and eat out every evening, beside which at this rate we would need a cargo plane to get home. Sorry the report isn't more enthraling .
enthralling? It sounds like my idea of heaven :D
Well where were we? Oh yes we stayed In Well yesterday after a day roasting by the pool we went to Sai Bar and Restaurant near Green Goa. This is a popular eaterie with both locals and tourists. Hubby had chicken Jelfrazy with veg rice I had chicken handi with a paratha bread very good. We also took two parcels home (takeaways to us) finishing with the usual ice cream bill a whopping 890 rupees (lol). Today was a beach day at Ashwam. A little excitement here, beds were quickly rounded up and moved as the word went out thst the police were on their way. One couldn't fail to notice thst the predominant Russian shack did not move one bed or turn down their loud music, but heyho never mind. Needed to call at an ATM machine and no pennies are given, tried again nope it just was not playing. (Forgot to mention I had collected 3 ring from jewellers 1my engagement ring which is now 50 years old 2 a ring I had had made by him and just needed adjusting and 3 a ring I had bought in Barbados which he has redesigned beautifully) anyway a 3rd attempt still gave no money. And whoops who had forgot to phone bank to let them know I was coming here,. A phone call later and all was resolved.. Gosh I need to,lie down now after such a busy day ......not
Hi
I have sai bar and green goa on my list so good to know Sai was good.

thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.