Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Everything is available at the big supermarkets.
There is a lot of information already on here about baby products ,try searching or maybe the mods will merge them .I know that most everything is available ,but it may not be what your baby is used to.The first couple of times my baby grandson came with us and his parents we took everything with us including the nappies.

Bluepetyertno1
Hi there,
You will be best to take you own baby milk... their baby milk is well expensive! They sell prima nappies which are made by pampers but we took our own. They also sell baby wipes but the jonsons ones etc are well expensive. TBH we took practically everything we would need with us and would do the same again... it just means you have more room in your case for shopping on the way back!

We went when my daughter was 4mths & 15mths and will be going in Aug when she will be 2... wahoooo a seat of her own!

Love Nikki xx
hey yes i agree some items are very expensive cos i noticed it last year when i lived there, not that i bought baby stuff llol but when buying baby wipes i bought turkish make and they were very good, if you look for the word 'alkolsuz' it means alcohol free!i bought turkish branded shampoos, shower gels etc too as i had no choice so since its only for couple of weeks why not take enough to do you few days and then buy turkish makes except for your milk.......im sure 2 weeks of different brand wont make much difference and some are just as good as here!x
thanks everyone so much for the info!!
xXx
I lived in Turkey until my baby was 18 months and I used to use Turkish brands of nappies - Molfix, Can baby and Evy Baby are all good. Pampers (Prima) are more expensive. The same with baby wipes, use the Turkish brands, same brands as the nappies and they aren't expensive.

At 18 months I am assuming he has normal cows milk, you can get this from the big supemarkets but the smaller markets will only sell long life, which my daughter hated. If you do get fresh milk (taze sut) then it will oly last a couple of days so don't keep it too long and make sure you check it before you give it to your son as it oges off very quick.

You can get Turkish brand baby toilettries too and they aren't expensive in the big supermarkets.

One thing I did buy for my girls though was Johnson's baby cologne, it is a bit dear but it smells lovley and is very cooling for them in the heat.

Also make sure you take plenty of baby sun cream as that is very expensive.

Anything else I can help you with please just ask.

Where are you staying?

Kedi
Hi Kedi

Thanks for that!

We are staying at Club Aida in Marmaris, last time we were there we stayed at the hibiscus appartments and saw the aida being built and it looked nice so we thought that we would check the prices! We dont go till the 8th october so im hoping that the weather will still be good - not been away so late in the year but thought any earlier would be too hot for little legs!
hey......oohh club aida?! personally i think its nice, i worked in a kids club within it last year temporarily and it seemed a nice complex, big with lots going on!weather should be fine in october,its like any month really, theres never a guarantee lol, thing is even when there is a storm or anything jsut as quick as it starts it stops again so dont worry, i prefer the cooler weather to the hot weather i must admit, last season was a killer for me, when i worked i was knackered all time lol and when didnt work was at home all day cos couldnt be bothered going out in heat so cant win!im sure you will have a fab time!im so jealous lol, wish i was going....... :tup take care !xx
Hi

Can you use the tap water in Fethiye to make up baby milk, providing it is boiled, does anyone know? Also, does Migros sell SMA??

Any advice gratefully received, before I pack a suitcase full of milk with no clothes!

Thanks, S
Don't use the tap water, use bottled water instead, otherwise it could upset your baby's tummy.

I can't help with baby milk I'm afraid as I breastfed my daughter.
I would not use tap water boiled or otherwise especially for a baby .When we took our baby grandson i bought a small travel kettle and used it to boil bottled water and to sterilise the bottles .They are very cheap and dont take up much room in the case

Bluepeterno1
hi you cant get SMA here its mostly turkish brands but im told equally as good but depends on the baby some babies will happily drink any make and some will only drink the 1 they are used too. hope this helps
I'd take a tin with me if I were you,it can go in hand luggage.
The most common baby milk on sale in Turkey is Aptamil, we couldn't find SMA or Cow & Gate in the supermarkets. I have to agree with Kedi though, everything else you want to buy, you're as well getting the Turkish products. We first took Chloe out when she was just 10 weeks old - took the nappies, etc 'cos didn't know what was available. Now we know, we don't take anything 'cos we know we can get it all from the supermarket over there - more room for clothes, etc, especially with the restrictions on weight.

Just a heads up for anybody who is travelling with Thomsonfly, from 1 May 2009, babies get 10kg luggage allowance (those under 2 who aren't getting a seat) - good news this. We booked the flights last June and didn't know about it until I saw a bit on their website so just thought I'd include this for anybody who would find it useful.
babies also get 10kg luggage allowance with thomas cook but you have to ask for it they dont give automatically.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.