Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
is it the olympic one where they give you massive portions?
Could possibly be :hmmm

I do remember my other half ordering cheesecake for desert and getting practically a quarter of a cake! Her eyeballs nearly fell out onto the plate :shock: lol
is it the one where you can go on either's website and both link together?

but can I remember either?

Adamas ? ?
yes thats the one I'm thinking of Adamas and the Corner Restuarant!

http://www.thecornerrestaurant.com/

was it those?

Steve
Ooh i really thought you were on to something there. When i saw the name Andama it really rang a bell but then i looked at the pics and the canopy comes out too far and the other restaurat doesnt look right. The two im thinking of are right next to each other, practically sharing the same frontage. This may or may not help but if your'e walking in the direction of the fig tree bay end of the strip, the restaurant im thinking of is not far past the big open air japanese restaurant with the stage.

Well, im off home now so ill look in and see if anyone has any more ideas tomorrow.

Cheers for the replies so far! :wink:
You don't mean rockafellas and Island retreat that are about 2 doors apart but have all the same napkins and such ?

Steve
sounds like the italian and the one adjacent to it at the bottom of the entrance to the vangelis apartment- did you get free cocktail at end of the meal?
Promises and Promessa ?

Marion
Hi if its the two restaurants underneath the vangelis apartments they are called the Erato and IL Basilico,they are opposite the Sunsrise hotel.
Karlee
Promises and Promessa ?

Marion

Yes! I think Promessa is the one im thinking of. :D

I just found another thread on here too that kinda clarifies it. Cant find any pictures of it but im 99% sure thats the one.

Thanks Marion :wink:

And thanks to the rest of you for trying :D
well you can't say we aren't trying... very trying... lol
Glad to help. No photo, but here's their business card

Marion
Best I can do at the moment, you might want to check -

This is the sort of back of the card map to the place -
http://www.kapparis.info/biz/promessa/index.html

Steve
I really thought from the description that it was also Il Basilico and Erato (with the two or three steps up to the area as Promessa/Promises are much higher) Have posted a picture here, Erato and Il Basilico are on the right of it - does it help?

Kezza

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/5291/p1010065bw5.jpg
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/5291/p1010065bw5.fec56c6e97.jpg
I think you're right kezzabelle.

The name Promessa sounds so right but your picture of Il Basilico along with the one i just found online (i cant post it up as im too new :( ) has got me thinking.

I do remember there being trees to the side of the restaurant front but i was sure the twin restaurant was right next door. There was definately only a couple of steps up too.

I only have one piccy of me and my other half sitting out on the patio area right next to the doors and im sure i recognise the pillars. I'm going to print these pics off and compare them with my photo tonight.

I really wish that not being able to remember didnt wind me up so much :roll: . lol

Thanks again everyone :D
Yes, they are right next door. Il Basilico is the one with the Keo sign in the picture and you can see the sign of the Erato on the right. They are owned by the same guy and are fab restaurants!
Il Basilico is indeed very nice. Nice pasta dishes for the kids (as well as 'set meals) And (Mario?) can't do enough to please..with the nice free cocktails at the end of the meal - for kids and adults.

Stayed at Vangelis last year and went there often, can't wait to return (to both hotel and restaurant) in 4 weeks.

trev.
The owner George ( plumpish oldish guy who has something to do with paralimmi fc) was based in the il brasilico whilst the other chap ( friendly bloke who always asked you in)was based at the other one
Sorry what i meant was, i thought they shared the same frontage. I dont remember there being a road in between but im beginning to think my geography of the emediate area is all up the shoot. lol

Shoestring, you never know we may well see each other (allbeit without realising - lol) Im travelling on the 10th of october.

Mario really is a diamond. I hope he still works there. Last time i went i stayed at Kouzalis beach and he worked there aswel as the restaurant. Thats how my girlfriend and i got to know him so well. We spent hours one night just chatting away with him and the owner of the restaurant. The people in Cyprus are the most friendly people i think i have ever met.
The owner George ( plumpish oldish guy who has something to do with paralimmi fc) was based in the il brasilico whilst the other chap ( friendly bloke who always asked you in)was based at the other one

Was that this year or last year? Your description of the owner fits my memory exactly, however when i was there in october last year Mario worked in the Il basilico (if afterall it is the right restaurant)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.