Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
help!!
24 Posts
No one can be sure of the heat all season it has been very very hot, But it will definately be far hotter than the Uk, Above 30 during the day and about 18 in the evening, this is just a calcualated guess.
ok thanks so definately not cool in the evening then?
Well it wont be as cool as it is back in the Uk.
23rd September time will still see daytime temps of 34 deg C.
Can you put it off for another week or two, ?

I would rather take a baby there in 1st or second week in October.

We were always amazed as to how very warm the nights are.

Yesterday befor we left marmaris (24.08.2007) at midnight it was 32 deg. C.

That makes sleeping without air-conditioning on of a night, almost impossible.
we went to Marmaris same time last year. it was cool in the evening. never seen so much rain there but that is apparently unusual! Haven't been to Side so don't know if it's the same
unfortunately we have booked so cant really put it off. i am sure we will manage as many do. i just hope it doesnt rain as previously stated!

thanks for your help.
We have taken both our children and now our grandchildren as babies to very hot countries. Surprisingly they cope extremely well probably better than some adults. The last time was when our granddaughter was 8 months old. she had no problem at all with heat during the day or at night, and at that time she slept in a room with no aircon. I wouldn't worry babies seem very adaptable.
Raychael, sure you'll have a great time what ever the weather. As i said rain was very unusual last year. Would just pack light clothing for baby and maybe a light blanket or cardy just incase it does get cooler in the evening.
I was there in the rain last year too... lol it was quite funny really, we got DRENCHED! Everyone said it was a total one off tho. We are going on 1st Oct and will be taking a 17wk old baby too.

I will definately take her a cardi and a blanket for the evenings. Not long now heehee!

love nikki xx
would you suggest putting baby in a sleepsuit in the evening or do you think it would be too warm?! i sounds silly but have never expereiencd this before so a bit in a muddle!!!
my lil chick will prob sleep in a sleepsuit if the air con is on or just a vest if its not. She'll be in our room and my hubby will have the air con blaring out even if its freezing so prob a sleepsuit most nights.

As they are still having mega high temps right now i'm guessing its gunna be a hot october but who knows. I will be reading chelsea boys weather posts and judge then. I will def take a few with me tho, just in case.

heehee 4wks 6days!

love nikki xx
ok thanks for that will pack some then. its hard isnt it suppose you dont realise whats involved!!!

at Manchester Airport i believe that you cant take any more than 100ml in each bottle on the plane, does that apply coming back from turkey.
We went last yr to rhodes from manchester, you have to have anything over 100ml such as suncream etc in suitcase, be careful with changing bag you have to put everything ie sudocream and teething gels etc in a clear bag, theres a boots thru other side so we will get our bits there, as for baby milk and pop for baby in bottles it doesnt matter if over 100ml they just make you taste it thats all, we took bottles in may for chloe and thats what they made us do x Be careful with things such as foundation and lipgloss etc, check all sizes and pop in a plasic packet they will supply you at the airport or you get them confisgated, have a great hol, we are going to belek with a 20 month old 28th sept and cannot wait!! x
Hi hun,

like speshington says (thanks huni) you are allowed more than 100ml of babymilk as long as you taste it. I was gunna take the readymade cartons but as you have to taste it they will be no good cos they will be open so i am taking boiled water and then the powder seperate. For the way back i think you are allowed any amount of water so i'm gunna pack 250ml cartons for the way ack.

I've just started to stress about it all now... its gunna be a right mission packing for a 17wk old and a 4yr old... think i'll have to wear the same clothes all week... if its not covered in baby sick!!

Theres a thred on here called baby milk/food/nappies thats got loadsa advice on it... mad int it!!

Are you taking a tyravel steriliser or your normal one?

love nikki xx
On departure from Dalaman on 3 occasions this year I have been allowed any amount of liquids through security at check in and through securuty before boarding, The 100ml allowance only applies to EEC countries.
thanks for confirming it rwb!! You are a star.

love nikki xx
hi again, i was thinking of taking sterlising tablets and using the sink with bottled boiled water sounds funny but will milton the place down anyhow which is what i do anyway! where can you buy travel steriliser?
i have heard you can get them in boots and mothercare. I was concidering milton too but i read the label and it said it has to be used in a non metalic bowl???!! Ahhh the dilemas!! It would be loads easier tho... I think i'll double check that one. I bet you can buy a cheap big plastic bowl in migros to use, that might be an option... it's a right dilema!

I'm gunna suss the travel sterilisers out and then decide i think.

love nikki xx
ok i will have a look just keep us posted anyway. dilemmas are us! you just dont think its that bad hey!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.