Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
Bunny Click Here for our resort reports for these area's (and others) :wave
Thanks Glynis but ive already read them , they didnt really say too much about the roads and driving in crete though and how long it takes from the airport!
Ah ok perhaps when you come back you'll write a resort report for us :D

Hopefully someone will be able to answer you soon :tup
Hi Bunny, have just come back from a week in Hersonnissos, so i can only help with that one. The weather is cooling down a bit now, but it is still mid seventies, and no need for a jacket or jumper in the evening. Most of the bars and restuarants are on one long road, many have pools, if you have a bite to eat or a drink, you can stay as long as yuo want. We went to one called Cheers , and they were freindly enough. A five minute walk up the road and you have a area called Star beach, it has a water park and loads of bars and watersports, or just sunbeds if you fancy just chilling. If you do go, get a bus to Stalis , it only cost about £1 and Stalis has nice beachs and a different feel . Regards to driving , i didnt, but the roads are a lot emptier this time of year, so you can get anywhere easily. The airport would only be about 20 odd mins away. Hope some of this helps, have a good one, Jonny. :D
Certainly rethmynon,Hersonnisos is a long resort, lots of bars shops, In my opinion not very nice. We stayed up from there at a village, Koutouloufari, which was very nice. Thought Hersonnisos to be quite a dirty resort.
Thanks for the info bejay and johnny , the choice is hard between the villas rethymnon looks better but it is further away from the heraklion airport but i have heard that hersonissos is more of a young people club/bar type place which doesnt really appeal however i know that this is close to koutoulafari which i have heard many thing s about and fancy, i suppose if we stay in rethymnon we could still drive into koutouloufari. I was a bit concered about you saying the weather was only in the seventies though as i had looked on various weather site including the bbc weather one which told me that the weather was still hot between 26 to 30 in heraklion and chania over the next five days?
Sorry being thick there for a mo I know 70 is 20 ish and 80 is 30 ish !
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.