Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
hi all!
36 Posts
report?I can't think straight at the moment :lol: We loved Goa and will return there- hopefully without the rain next time!
Fi will you return just to Goa or visit other parts of India again?
cheers Lyn
Lyn
I would have to say we liked the combination we did. If I had a clear two weeks again I would def combine Goa with elsewhere. I'm off to look at where else we would visit. Granted we only had a taster with 6 days of touring but it was a real eyeopener.And it is some experience.
glad you enjoyed Fiona, looking forward to hearing all about it ..
hi fiona we no its dificult to post while in goa and early season must be really dificult but looking forward to your report on your return :D
Hi Fiona,

I've came on especially to see how you got on in Goa.

How's the finger?

A
Hi Fiona,

Welcome back - glad you enjoyed your trip and the tour.

Now that the visa situation seems to be returning to the old system we are going to look at a trip plus Goa for February plus prehaps Kerala (having changed to Thailand for our November trip).

If you ar anyone else has tried Kerala (any advice on pre-booked trips welcome) and Goa - and particularly if they have any comments on flights from Cochin to Dabolim (I shudder when I think of this one!!!!) - I would be very interested to hear of their experience.

Peter
A
I will get round to the report sometime- promise :lol: At the moment I am still recovering.
Hi PeteB
We are leaving Heathrow for Kerala on Friday 2nd Nov (Can't wait) We fly into Mumbai and then fly on down to Kerala (Cochin). We are doing an organised trip with Somak which includes a night on the back waters. It is a private trip with our own taxi. We are also going up into the hill area to the tea plantations. We fly from Cochin back to Mumbai and then a separate flight down to Goa! Aparently there are no flights (well none at the time that we want them) that fly Cochin to Goa direct. One week Kerala, One week Goa. We fly from Goa to Mumbai and then Mumbai to Heathrow. The only disadvantage I can see at the moment is a 9 hour wait in Mumbai on the way back. However, we are flying schedule with Jet Airways, so hopefully this will make up for it, ie. better conditions on board, more room, no hassle at Goa, as with a charter flight!!!!
Will let you know how it goes.
Gill
Welcome home Fiona, now you will be just finding out how Goa is slowly creeping under your skin!!

You need that first visit and then get home before you discover that strange fascination and addiction to Goa and the people
pity my work does not allow holidays during the peak Goa season :cry:
goa
There's always Christmas Fiona
no- I'm in Thailand then :lol:
Hi Rogietlegs,

Thanks for the reply. Strangely enough we have downloaded a Somak brochure. Looks interesting.

I don't want to go of topic here and hijack Fiona's thread.

Would appreciate your views on your return. We will be in Thailand until 26 November and intend to book ASAP afterwards.

At the moment it is Kerala / Goa or Kenya.

Many thanks and enjoy your trip

Peter
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.