Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
Hi,
My friend is staying here in july and was worried about it after reading some bad reports on it.
I was in Salou last week and went to have a look at it for her, it is roughly 15 mins walk to the beach, its just off one of the main streets in Salou. I went and had a look in the restaurant/cafe and also at the pool and it all looked fine, clean and tidy. I also asked 2 different people who were staying at the apartments what it was like and they said it was fine, the rooms are basic but kept clean. The only bad thing that both of them said was to be careful about which block you get because one of them faces a nightclub which stays open til 5 or 6 am. This may not be a prob for you if you intend to go there yourself :lol: :lol:
I am not sure what the weather will be like for you as i have never been at that time of year.

You will be able to find out about the water park times here,
http://www.portaventura.com

Lou.
Hi Lindsay,I have just returned from spending 1 week in these appartments. They are very basic with a lot of the rooms bieng residential.My room was slightly shoddy in apperance (mould on batroom cieling and few of the drawers were broken) but didn,t spend to much time in room so didn,t let it bother me.The pool area is nice and clean not too crowded either.We were in block 3,think the nightclub which wasnt open whilst i was there is below block 1.We never ate in the restaraunt so can,t comment on that,but there was usually a few people in there every nite eating so it cant be too bad.Overall the appartments are ok(if you have got them for a bargain price)but i would not pay full broucher price to stay in them again.

Helen
I have just recently read alot of reviews about it and I'm a little worried to say the least. Im leaving on sunday for 2 weeks and im real worried about this night club. I dont mind a shabby room or watever but if its dirty AND you cant get to sleep??

Does anyone know just how bad the noise is? Is it tolerable? As far as i know we're staying on the top floor so maybe we'll avoid the noise :/ fingers crossed

PS: its been a while since i was there, how much is the aquapark out in la pineda?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.