America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Michelle

Which airline are you using for the LA to Las Vegas flight? Is it AA as I know they are introducing charges in June for checked luggage on domestic flights.
Some airlines in the USA are adopting the same policy that Ryanair and Easyjet are using here in Europe(charging for checked baggage) and this is probably the case with your flight, even though there is still the same overall weight limit for the flight. I don't think every airline in the USA has these charges but many are now adopting the policy, so it's probably still possible to do some multi centre trips without the check in fees for baggage.
Worldwide you can still take multi centre trips without having to pay extra for checked baggage, but some airlines are adopting the scheme and I think in these strained financial times many more will be thinking about it.

Judith
I think Southwest Airlines is now the only US carrier that doesn't have some sort of add-on fee for luggage..
Hi

Yes it is AA that we are doing the internal flight with, it came in last July so they said. The thing is, i cannot see any evidence in the Virgin brochure, i looked this morning. I dread to think how much it would be for people who do not know the charges and take extra luggage. Another thing, i am glad i am not over weight, else that will be a pending charge like Ryan Air may or may not do. I wouldn't fancy the scales being brought out in the middle of check in :yikes, but that's another story :(
AA charges $15 for the first checked bag and $25 for the second.
Most US airlines are now charging. I have recently had to pay on both Continental and Delta ($15 for the first bag)
Yes, as I said, Southwest is the only airline that does not have baggage charges now.
It still would have been nice to be told of this charge when booking, or in the small print of the brochure.
Oh yes I agree- maybe they're not aware...
United Airlines and Southwest have charges for overweight passengers, if you encroach on your neighbor's space they will make you pay for two seats.... :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.