EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
Hi Jennifer,
Congratulations on your purchase and I am sure that everything will work out fine for you, but, before recommending someone you should have the final deed and have checked over the property as it is "off plan".
From the details in your post it will be at least 5 months before you will know that everything is ok.
Yes but of course we were recommended by friends that had already bought off-plan from him! and have moved in!!
Jennifer,
If this is the same Ocean Estates, based in Spain,
they been operating in Turkey since around march of this year.
It would be a very tight squeeze to have bought off plan and have all the paperwork and move in, in that time.
Lol nice one Mibut :)
Who said move in? our property will be built by an Istanbul developer with an impeccible reputation.We had done the research, read the buyers guides,prepared questions and did not go in with ours eyes closed to the dangers!
We had arranged to meet a British Council lawyer that now has power of attorney. We asked hundreds of questions over the 4 long days, and yes it is all sorted out Mibut! I'm afraid you are not always right!
Yes but of course we were recommended by friends that had already bought off-plan from him! and have moved in!!

Were the words that you used.
yes it is all sorted out

It can only be "all sorted out" when you have possesion of the property and all the relevant paperwork, until then it is not sorted out and to recommend someone before then is a little premature.
I hope everything works out with the house. As Mibut rightly points out there can be many a slip between cup and lip. Here in turkey there are many horror stories involving "reputable" agents and builders and lawyers. When everything is signed sealed and delivered to your satisfaction( and I sincerely hope it is) then by all means tell everyone.
You have completely misunderstood. When I said someone had recommended him that had already moved into an off plan property, it was when he was an independent estate agent, who was later approached by Ocean Estates.

So Mad Mick, I was not making the whole thing up as you have implied, in fact all I was trying to do was to say that we had found someone who was extremely kind and helpful, and put us under no pressure whatsoever.

I thought this forum was supposed to offer helpful advise???l
Jenifer8,
We can only go by what you have posted, not what you thought you had posted.
I hope that everything works out fine for you but when you recommend someone, other people take that as good advice.What would you say to them if six months down the line after they have brought a property based on your recommendation you show up on the forum saying that your property has not been delivered, their are problems with the Tapu or you cannot get a habitation certificate.
Remember that is only a few weeks since you were asking for advice http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=355061&highlight=#355061
about the same agent that you have now brought from.
Have been reading through all these posts with interest, as like others say, Turkey has not been a place I have considered going to before. Am still a bit confused by all your posts on the various threads jennifer, though, and that you say that you were not under any pressure. I am just wondering if 4 days is long enough to see and buy a property in a country as large as Turkey?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.