Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
only a suggestion but If you book flights and then accomodation seperately with http://www.hilton.co.uk not only should you save money if you book early enough but you wont have to pay until you check out of the hotel :D .you could then book flights with maybe http://www.XL.com who will only take a deposit then balance 8 weeks before you go. :D
Thanks very much..that sounds good on check out!! I tried to price flights on xl but they arent availabel for summer 2008...any idea how much a flight would be to sharm from glasgow? :? Thanks!
thats odd as I have been able to get prices from gatwick for summer o8 for quite a while :? . they always release prices very early. have you checked their timetable to see if they have flights from glasgow next year .

lyn
ok, ive managed to find £800 for hilton fayrouz for 14 nights incl flight from Glasgow..3rd-July - 17th July! Thats for a beach front room... is that good?? :?
If its per person I would say you could do that cheaper but if its for 2 it sounds pretty good . what board is that ???

lyn
Its for one - b&B and a front row beach apartment...its £600 alone on Hilton website! :?
In that case maybe Its not such a bad price then :D I know the Fayrouz is probably the more expensive hilton hotel in sharm and no doubt there is a decent size supplement for that type of room. :( certainly more expensive than sharks bay where we stay and thats an A/I price on their website but im guessing you want to be in Naama bay.

lyn
Yeh... ive never been before and am scared of the whole haggling fora taxi thing!! Would rather just walk and not have to spend money gettin into namma bay!
hI THERE
We were considering staying at the Hilton Fayrouz this year but the price was a bit too high so booked with Thomas Cook at Marriott Naama Bay as they had a good discount at time we booked.
I did a lot of research into hotels in Naama Bay and I do know that Thompson Holidays and Longwood Holidays both offer Hilton Fayrouz
which by the way looks really great for quality and location with excellent reviews.

http://www.longwoodholidays.co.uk
thompsonholidays.co.uk

Hope you manage to book and get a good deal.

Wendy
Hi wendy..thanks for ur help! Longwood dont offer flights from Glasgow though and I cant seem to get it on Thomsons website. I know it comes up when you search but it wont actually let me price or book it and it doesnt appear in the 2008 summer brochure which confused me :? I went into Going Places today and they searched for the Hilton and told me that their search said that 0 operators do that hotel :(
I stayed at the Fayrouz a few years ago and it is centrally located and easy walking distance to many restaurants and shops, a good beachfront setting, good clean rooms , friendly efficient staff and the best breakfast i've ever had at any hotel,
there are many more glitzy, bigger and luxurious hotels to choose from but they're not smack-bang in the middle of Naama bay like the Fayrouz.
Hi. You may have booked your holiday by now but I have also been looking at Hilton Fayrouz and Hayes & Jarvis have this hotel. Not sure where they fly from though. Hope this helps.
I have tried Thomsons for this hotel. They have photos and reviews but once I try to book, a list of hotels comes up and the Fayrouz is not one of them. Would like to book a package hol but nothing out of Glasgow that I can find. Anyone know who I could book with?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.