Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Help!! Urgent!! We are thinking of booking our holiday in the next few days for November. We want any opinions on this hotel please. The other choices are Grand Oasis, Garden Palms or Hilton Sharks bay.
Can you help us make up our minds? :bow
I too am thinking of booking HLB for next year but have heard mixed reviews. Having just returned from HSB i can highly recommend it.
FJ XX
has anyone recently stayed at the hilton longbeach hurghada going early december would like to know what we have let ourselves in for as it was very cheap
many thanks
A cold northerly wind.

The beach is very big and open, facing north. Great in the summer cos its cool. Cold in the winter.

Rooms are large and very nice though some are at the back of the hotel and thus have little view and are far too the beach.
many thanks swisssinai
guess we,ll pack some jumpers hope for a room at the front.... but most of all am sure we will enjoy ourselves in your chosen country
We've just come back after 2 weeks at the coral hilton nuweiba, and although we've never been to the long beach in hurghada, there were two guests who booked to go to the long beach after visiting nuweiba last year. They found the long beach too large and not that firendly, so at their own cost they paid to spend their second week in nuweiba. This involved a ferry from hurghada to sharm then a 2.5 hour taxi ride to nuweiba, so they felt strongly about, as they had to make the return journey as well.

Obviously this is just one couples experience though.
many thanks badgerman
guess we better pack some sea sickness tablets ,for the ferry journey, get some more plastic for the hotel , some magazines for the 2 1/2 hour taxi ride along with the jumbers for the beach and the rabbits foot for luck for a sea facing room phew the list is growing
Hi i booked my holiday in october 2004 - we had to have 2 rooms as there is 2 adults and 3 children in our party - i booked this hotel on the understanding that i would have an interconnecting door which the sales assistant said, yes no a problem. i emailed the hotel this week to ensure that this was going to happen and guess what the block thomson own which are on the ground floor, do not have interconnecting doors. however the hilton have emailed to say there is villas which have interconnecting doors but would be 40 euros extra a night, that also includes mini bar and bowl of fruit (wow) - i have got on to my tour operater and said could i upgrade to one of these villas and she still hasnt got back to me that was thursday - we are going in 2 weeks time.

i was wondering if anybody has stayed in the villas and if anybody had any advice for me - shall i upgrade when i get to the hotel or should it be done before i travel.

thanks 8)
We are going on a Nile cruise on Monday 27th June and then having a week all inclusive at the Hilton Long Beach Resort, Hurghada. I wondered whether beach/pool towels would be provided, or if we need to take our own. I have e-mailed the tour operator a number of times, but have had no response from them.

I know if may seem a silly question, but I don't want to take anything I don't need.
I had exactly the same problem just before we went!!! Yes they do provide you with a towel card which gives you 2 towels at a time. They even put them on the sunbeds for you!!!
me my partner and daughter went to the hilton long beach august/sept last year it was great so much to see and do although the trips were a bit expensive it was well worth it and the people were really good with my daughter. also the bonus for me was we saw no coackroaches actually no insects lol or even flies just big ants so dont even leave ya drink unattended for 5mins hey if i can help or answer any questions id love to.
Has anyone been there? I am going in June, any information would be grateful.

Gull xx
Anyone going to the Hilton Long Beach Hurghada in June?
Hi could anyone tell me if they have stayed at this hotel we are going on a nile cruise for 7 nights and then 6 nights in this hotel and 1 night in the sheraton luxor any info on these two hotels would be very much appreicated.

Thanx

flozbit :D
hi, im off to the hilton long beach in hurghada on 22nd of june, was wondering if anyone knows if the all inclusive stops at 12pm on the day of departure? i stayed in sharm 2 years ago and even though our flights were not til the early evening once we checked out our rooms we could not use the all inclusive facilities, which annoyed me as we only had the evening meal when we arrived. :x and our flights are similar this year as well
Hi Mellell

Could you let me know how you get on at the hotel as we are going on the 21st September. First time to Egypt so quite excited.

Sorry I couldnt answer your question though

Sue
Hi any one going on the nile cruise and hilton hurgahda long beach hotel on the 27th of August 2007 this is when my husband and i and my inlaws are going i would like to hear from anyone else who are going around this time either on the cruise or the hotel.

Thanx

flozbit 8)
We stayed at the Hilton Hurghada last October. Its a superb hotel in a great location.
Service is a bit slow, but very friendly staff. Food is generally very good, with plenty of choice.
I can highly recommend the Spa. The massage is great value.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.