Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
If anyone has stayed here recently would you please be the first to leave your review here:-

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/&%20Spa/

Many thanks :tup
Hi RonFur,
We also will be staying in the Hilton Arcadia in Phuket. We have 1 night on 20th Nov then we cruise for 7 nights, then back to the Hilton from the 28th Nov to 5th Dec. Any info about the hotel and surrounding area would be most welcome. Where did you get the menu downloads? Is it on the hotel website? I had a quick look but didn't see the menus. We are booked for B&B (free breakfast with our package). We'll probably have lunch at the hotel but we usually like to eat our evening meals in local restaurants. We picked this hotel as it's supposed to be within walking distance of restaurants and shops.
The hotel gets some good reviews on Tripadvisor so hopefully it'll be ok. It's been 20 years since we were last in Thailand so I guess a lot will have changed.
Gail
Hi Gail,

From what I can gather, it is a little out the way of the the main eating/drinking area - around 10-15 mins walk to Kata and Karon if I remember the review correctly, and about 10 minutes taxi to Patong, if you were interested in experiencing that!

That is fine with us, as we don't mind a gentle stroll, and we'll probably sample the delights of Patong a few nights if we fancy a lively one! I imagine it is good for people watching also!

We chose it on the basis of the reviews, and also photo's look very nice. It certainly looked the best hotel within our budget.

You will find the sample menu's on hiltonworldresorts website.

Seems we may have a lack of people who have used this resort on HT, but any information would be greatly appreicated!

Ron
Hi Ron,
Thanks, I've downloaded the menus now. If the prices are current, they are reasonable and there's loads of choice. ( Making me hungry now.) I had been on a different site checking out the hotel ( http://www.hilton.co.uk/phuketarcadia ) and the menus weren't on it. I do love my food and Thai is one of my favourites.
We don't mind a walk in the evening to a nice restaurant. 10 or 15 mins will be fine.
Our cruise leaves from Patong so when we're there, we'll have a look and see if we fancy going back again for an evening. In general we prefer it a bit quieter now. (Getting old!) The last time we were in Thailand we finished our stay in Pattaya which was fairly lively, even 20 years ago.
Really looking forward to our holiday and a few cool Singha beers.
Gail
I will be searching for a good Indian restaurant, so if anyone is browsing this thread and knows of any please let me know!

We were supposed to be going to Goa, but cancelled due to terrorist alerts, and finding out that as a result some markets may not open, bars have 10:30 music curfew amongst other things.

Could work out for the better as we're very happy with our choice and are very much looking forward to it now. Plus, being relatively young, there is a bit more for us to do in Thailand. A holiday must include an Indian meal at some stage however!

Surely Chang wins the favourite Thai beer contest Gail?
Although we love Thai, we adore Indian too. We really love the food in Goa and hope to go back in March next year. I found these links to some Indian restaurants in Phuket. Don't know how close they would be to the Hilton but I'm sure a taxi wouldn't be too dear. The Casablanca gets good reviews on Tripadvisor.
phuketindex.com/eatfun/indian-cuisine
http://www.wheretoeat-phuket.com/restaurant-listings-phuket/baluchi-borsalino-phuket.htm
phuketdir.com/khanbaba/index.htm
http://www.dininginthailand.com/restaurant7_phuket.asp
Hope they work.
I've not tried Chang beer. I usually drink wine but when it's hot I enjoy a beer. I'll definitely give Chang a go.
Gail
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.