Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
We love ovacik we are going again next year staing at the Grena apartments rented privately. Ovaick is in the mountain so a bit cooler it's lovely there yes there are plenty of restaurants etc but the main night life is in hissarounu which is walking distance from our apartments. I think it's a bit quieter than marmaris but more family friendly than icnelor there are bouncy castles small fair ground etc all the trips are cheap also. The beach in olu deniz is a short bus ride away as is fervour harbour we as a large family love it there .
Hi

We usually go to marmaris as well and do not frequent the boom boom bars and like you do not like it quiet either, we have just got back from olu deniz but spent a few nights in hisaronu, I would say that olu deniz is a bit more like iclemer on a much smaller scale but hisaronu is more lively, yes there are boom boom bars in both places but plenty of the other bars as well, the bars in olu deniz did not do any of the buy one get one free offers but some of the bars in hisaronu did, we had a very good night in the harmony bar in hisaronu which was a karaoke bar (I do not sing but hubby does), the owner and waiters were very friendly, we fell out of there about 4 am in the morning, he even bought us all a drink at the end of the night. It was nice to have the choice of a "chilled" night out in olu deniz or a more lively one in hisaronu, there is a bowling alley in olu deniz which was very good and the lads in our party went go karting in hisaronu, there is a water park in ovacik although we did not go to this. We liked sitting in one of the beach bars in olu watching the paragliders landing and the beach(s) in olu and the lagoon were good, I think you would enjoy it, it made a nice change from marmaris.

polly :D
I'm going to Ovacik for the 15th time in 6 years next week, I love it, plenty for everyone, quiet areas and busier ones, all backed up with some of the most stunning scenery I've ever seen!
thanks guys - we've booked up Ovacik - staying at the Ant Apartments x
I'm sure you'll love it, what time of year are you going? I'm off in 10 days, can't wait!
Were gOing July 16 th staying at the Grena complex to celebrate a 50th and 60 th birthday
we're going 26 july next year for two weeks x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.