Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific

Discussions regarding holidays in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific region.
Hi Babs

We were at Port Arthur some time ago and found not to that strenuous walking there
There is a small hill to the church ruins and a small hill behind the Penitentiary to some of the buildings there are stairs in the Penitentiary so you can look over the top of the cells
You will see the main parts from the carpark and it will be easy walking around the front part of Port Arthur if you can go I would they have a Golf buggy type bus they do take people around on it for a fee if you find it to hard to get around so get the bus driver to arange it before you go it would only be phone call by him as they most likely carry a mobile phone with them.
Thanks for that Chubby. We really would like to do the trip. It seems a 'crime' :D not to visit the penitentiary whilst we have the chance. It was just the word 'strenuous' that bothers me. I don't have mobility issues at all, but there are some days when my feet and I don't agree and I am just a bit worried that that will be the day we visit - sods law and all that :cry.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.