Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
hi welcom to the Algarve forum,,,, have you taken the time to read the members hotel reports yet?? jardim1 can be found here

wizard
Hi ch,

The apartments are situated up high on the western side of the Old Town and some certainly have superb views over Albufeira and beyond. They are divided into Jardim I and Jardim II, but I can't tell you much more about them as we've only wandered through a couple of times, when the complex looked very nice.

I would say prices in Albufeira are much as they are at home, and of course there's a lot of variation depending on where you choose to eat and drink, as is the case with everywhere really. There's a supermarket under 10 minutes' walk from Jardim if you want to do any self catering. You'll be able to walk to the Old Town but will need to get a taxi to the Strip area - only a short ride costing a few euros. There's also a little tourist train which runs around the town.

There are good beaches in the Old Town and all along the coast in both directions. You don't need to hire a car but if you like exploring and trying different beaches it's a bonus. There are waterparks within about 10-20 minutes' drive, but you can get free shuttles to them.
Thanks so much for your reply I really appreciate it.
Just to say that Jardim II is currently closed except to owners it seems. Jardim I, a bit further down the hill and closer to town, is OK but friends who have stayed there recently tell me it could do with a touch of paint as it were.

It has an outdoor pool and a paddling pool but no guards on duty. There is a nice view from many of the rooms over the town but some face the car park!

There's plenty of small bars and restaurants within 5 minutes walk if you want to escape and yes the centre of the old town is 10 minutes away at most.

It's downhill all the way into town but very much uphill on the way back. If you have a car you cannot take it into the old town centre as it is all pedestrianised.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.