Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Sharyn, just wanted to say thanks for sharing your photo album...the pictures are fab and have really given me a flavour of what to expext.

We go to Goa five weeks today and seem to have been looking forward to it / counting down the days, for ever. It's over so quickly isn't it! The trick we find is to start planning the next trip striaght away.

Anyway glad you enjoyed your trip.
Sharyn, the photo's are great. Could you give us an idea where they were taken in Goa. Bobby's Shack is obviously Candolim Beach, but where are the others ?

Barrie
Hello - yes i realise after uploading them i should have named them all first!!
the ones of us holding cocunuts were on anjuna beach after we went to the markets at anjuna you can just walk straigt onto the beach turn right and walk up a bit to the sunbeds and shacks.

the sunset photos were mainly taken on palolem beach with a few taken on anjuna and arambol.

the first lot of beach photos incl the ones with the cows were taken on candolim beach

IMG_1348 & IMG_1349 are coco beach.

1580, 1581, 1589 and 1598 were all taken at morji beach/turtle bay - i think the proper name is morjim beach - was my fave beach as was very quiet and we saw some turtle nests.

the temples we visited were on our way to the elephant bath which was somewhere near ponda our rickshaw driver took us and waited and brought us back.

the church pictures and the big white building was old goa.

IMG_1334 was at fort aguada

and pictures on the boat was a dolphin trip which was near coco beach.

IMG_1501 to 1505 were taken on calangute beach when the sun was about to set - lots of families on the beach going in the water - was really goood.

IMG_1456 was the waves restaurant - this was really nice if you wanted to do upmarket for a night - although bill still only came to about £8 for 3 courses each - ask any taxi driver it was on the same road as little italy.

any others you want to know about just ask!!
Thank you Sharyn.

Barrie.
your first photo is my favourite- the sunset on the beach one. Its all about capturing the moment isn't it?
Sharyn,

Your photos are lovely. Thank you for sharing them with us.

I have been to Goa before, but you have given me ideas on where else to go to.
Beautiful photos Sharyn. I leave in a week and these have made me even more excited.

And don't be sad about the holiday being over: you've got Christmas to look forward to now!
Amazing photos sharyn, its a few years since i was in goa and im back in jan. I cant wait and seeing your photos reminds me why i fell in love with it the first time.
Hi sharyn...
fantastic pics...brings the memories flooding back... thanks :wave
hi ya sharyn,
great photos...i go on weds 7th can not believe its this close. you said you went to waves. i have heard someone else talk about it? can you pleaseb share some light in how much a meal would cost and what food they do.. sea food or curries or both.
great pics
thanks for sharing them
xxx
Hi

Waves was really nice - Im vegetarian so I cant say I studied the meat or seafood dishes but for starter I had slices of grilled aubergine with garlic, main was braised mushrooms and rice and for pudding i had apple pie and ice cream. Was really nice.

I think for 2 of us both having 3 courses it was about £8 - inlc 2 bicardi breezers each.

not bad at all!!
Great to see Bobby's Shack - and I can see Cashew's brother in the background - but to my shame can't remember his name - terrible really as they remembered our names as soon as we arrvied for our second visit. Not long now yeehaa......31st Dec.......
hi sharyn your pics are fab cant wait to return can i ask you a question you stayed at don alcina are the balconies to the front facing the pool or to the back of the building we are staying there in dec is the hotel ok we had some bad reports early in the year thanks for your help
Oh......!!! Sunset at Calangute..
http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/263/sunset1qc.th.jpg

I'll have to read and sort out how to post my pics on the photo gallery!!! :shock:
great photos. thanks! reminds me of when i went with my sister three years ago. what a place!
Photos are brilliant. Not long til we go now 11 sleeps!!!! Cant wait for 26 January to come :D
Hi Gemma
you still have plenty time to post here!! Welcome to our forum!
goa
:D brilliant fotos wish i was there??!! :cry:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.