Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Sounds horrendous for you jezster.

Why dont you give Ros Fernihough, Travel Law Solicitor a call on 01922 705134, she will be able to offer you advice.

Kath x
Thank you, will do, I am losing all faith in TC, the girls in the local TC shop said they were never notified of any problems by TC, yet on Tripadvisor lots of people left reviews & were kept in the dark by TC about what was happening, & it looks like they still were recently.
I do beleive that TC chose not to inform us & thought, oh well let them get there & then notify them of the change in Cuba, if I had found at the airport when we arrived I would have not got on the coach. I don't know what they think they are doing, & I don't see how they can choose were to put you, it was not our choice, & we tried to get it amicably sorted whilst there, I will not be stopping going after them, even if I have to stand outside the local shop with a placard warning people how they treat you.
Hi Jester,

I don't have much to add really but to say that TC or any TO do not offload folks lightly and that where I work (not TC) we ALWAYS inform guests prior to travel so that they can make a choice, go or cancel with a full refund. Sometimes this is just days before the holiday as hotels don't often keep us informed of closures, pool out of action, renovation work etc etc.

Thankfully we don't have to offload guests very often but if we do, they are given as much notice as possible and a chance to decide what to do - as you should have been.

Also, the other Brits in the original hotel - were they from TC? If not, that won't really help you as TC had obviously taken the decision to not send their guests there. They must have had some serious complaints to take such action and possibly they were being cautious about the possibility of mass sickness among guests which no TO wants.

I have to say that if you were my guests and that desperate to be at the original hotel, I would have let you go but have you sign a disclaimer in case you did get sick!

Anyway, you must keep on this. Best advice came from Kath. Contact Ros.

Louby
Hi, thanks for your reply, I agree with you that holiday companies should take the welfare of their customers first.
In my case though we particularly booked the hotel again, to see our friends & take gifts that help them out, which is part of our holiday & they help me extend my Spanish language, they are like family to us & it is not like being in another hotel, & just lazing around, we spend a lot of time with our friends.
The TC rep told us straight away when we asked him that TC knew for at least 4 days before we arrived in Cuba, & signed our complaint to this effect, that they would be putting us in a different hotel, at no time did they notify us of this fact before leaving the U.K. nor did they let us know on arrival at the airport in Cuba.
If we had been notified we would have not accepted another hotel or another holiday anywhere, we would have cancelled under the 1992 T&P regulations & waited until we could go to our usual hotel.
The other Brits at the usual hotel were TC customers, I have been in touch with one of them on Tripadvisor who is letting me use her review, she said that a lot of the people complaining about the stomach upsets, were still the first into the buffet & the bar, so obviously not that unwell. She said that they were not unwell while staying there, & if TC thought there was a major problem, why did they leave the other Brits there?
The Canadians use our usual Hotel a lot & they were still going there, & not having any problems.
I would have quite gladly signed a disclaimer & gone to our usual hotel, & we have never had problems there, like we did at the so called upgrade hotel TC deemed to put us in, TC just chose not to notify us, & reading reviews on TA, they have done the same to other repeat guests of our usual hotel.
TC may think a holiday is a holiday, but it is not to us, when we purposely chose to visit our usual hotel & never got there.
I feel that a lot of different Brit tourists used Cuba as a holiday this year due to price increases in Europe, I can definitely say we saw some in the hotel TC put us in, & it was just one big drinking binge to the majority, I personally feel a lot of people bring on their own stomach problems, drinking alcohol all day in the heat & at night & getting dehydrated & blaming the hotel.
Whilst I can appreciate your feelings I can also understand why TC did what they did. We live in an era of litigation and I have no doubt the actions they took to transfer you and others were done with the best of intentions. Whilst there may have been TC clients there they obviously decided to stop sending any more people. The fact that they took the decision four days before and did not let you know I cannot comment on. How much upset would they cause to people when a holiday has been booked often a year in advance. And how much confusion to people?

By all means pursue your claim but whilst you may have been content to sign a disclaimer others may not and it sounds like TC have suspended if not cancelled the contract with your chosen hotel.

Your comment/views about the drinking habits of others is not something for debate here on HT.

fwh
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.