Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi and welcome to HT!

I have copied your post to our Complaints forum where it may get a better response.

luci :wave
Sounds like they are wriggling.

EU regulation 261/04 covers you.

Lots of info online about it.

papa
Thank you Papa I'll check it out.

Regards Lolo
hi lolo, my holiday was also cut short and monarch flew me home on the 24th. arrived gatwick 1.30a.m and taxi from victoria cost me £30. contacted jewel.....they sent me taxi fare and credited me with 14 nights accomodation for a for a future booking. thought this reasonable but like you, not a word from monarch, who's decision it was to fly us all home.
Musonick, Thank you so much for your post.
I received a letter from Olympic 1 week ago enclosing a cheque for £109.00 for the unused accomodation time, which I duly sent back. I was expecting the same type of deal you had, which seems very fair to me. Their letter made no mention of the extra expense re our overnight stay in London, or anything else for that matter.
Looks like I've got a fight on my hands.
Wish me luck!

Regards Lolo
yeah it was a funny thing as i was expecting a battle royale! only lost 4 days hols. i didnt even book with jewel i booked through travel republic and it wasnt even a jewel hotel (ticlo alough jewel were acting agent). anyway have booked for next season and they have honoured the agreement. i think you should keep up the complaint, after all, airspace was safe when we were due to fly home and it appears that it was monarchs decision to 'get us out' as they had no license to fly the route after april (and i feel panicked a bit). it was not an 'act of god' that changed the plans it was their reaction to it.

best of luck with your claim. nick
Hi Musonick

Just a thought. Did the 14 days accomodation you were awarded also include paid flights?

Regards

Lolo
hi lolo,

good grief no......it wasn't that good a deal. in total i got £30 (taxi) 15 night accom voucher and 10% off a monarch flight which i had to book through jewel. so 2 week hol next jan has cost me just under £500. so i settled for that....hope that volcano stays quiet this time!

nick
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.