Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
hi
my tip would be to book a few days before you go, last year we got a week all inc in icmeler for £147 each plus transfers, we booked 2 days before.
stayed at the litera.

try looking on the ice lolly website or teletext holidays .

marnie
We got a brill deal with 'ice lolly' too. :tup
I like to know where I'm going well in advance, so booked it 4 weeks ago.
2 weeks (Self catering) 11-25 September, for just £210 each.Inc transfers. (bargain).
We've never been interested in all inc, in Turkey, as it's so cheap to eat out anyway,
(plus hubby likes a kettle for his cuppa, which you don't get in all inc rooms)
so I can't quote prices for all inc.
We're going to Ovacik, but I'm sure they have decent deals to Bodrum or Gumbet. ;)
if you do go to gumbet, avoid the royal palm area hotel, it is in a fantasic position, but the food is inedible and the all inclusive is a joke.
had 2 weeks there a couple of years ago and i couldnt wait to leave.

marnie x
Hi all, I'm trying to find a bargin for around the 30th Aug, been looking of icelolly.com BUT I'm not sure what is included in the price, is it just a case of calling the company that deals with the booking reference? Sorry but I've never booked this way before, any help appreciated.

Are there any other sites apart from the icelolly.com and teletext that you seasoned travellers use? :cheers

Ruth
hi ruth

i just give them a ring, sometimes they arrange everything for you, flights accomodation and transfers, or they pass you on to other companies with good deals, one thing to be aware of is your luggage allowance, some airlines charge you extra for this.
the way they work it is
you pay for the flight (plus any hold luggage)
you pay for transfers
you pay for accomodation
you have nothing to do, ring them say what you want and they sort it all out for you.

other companies to loof at are sunwings, holiday holiday holiday, and sunstart holidays,and ulookubook.
hope this helps
regards
marnie xx
Where do you want to fly from Ruth?

Just looked at some on icelolly 2 weeks, Marmaris, flying from Gatwick, self catering. (the best option in my opinion in Turkey)
including transfers, standard 15kilo baggage weight, £219!!!! :tup
If you see one you like but it doesn't have any info with it,
give them a ring. If you're not happy with the price they quote,
put the phone down and re-dial a few minutes later. You may get a different
operator who can get the price down even more. We did this, and got ours for
£40 each cheaper than another operator 5 minutes previous.
I was looking at going from Manchester to Icmeler about the 30th Aug give or take a few day's. I'm not sure if I can be that exact with that site though.

I'll keep looking :cheers
Try Icmeler on line as they are based in the resort and have many apartments and hotels on their website.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.